Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure who all surfs this during the winter months in Wisconsin, but I am looking for new trails to ride around the Fox Valley/Antigo Area. I have ridden Baird's, Refo, High Cliff and Nicolet/Roche. I was hoping for something new around the Langlade area as I have a cabin in the area without riding 4 wheeler trails.

I have also heard good things about the Kettles and somewhere near Hayward as I spend about a week up there every summer. There is also a tiny trails run in Appleton along the river.

Anything Else I am missing the the area?

·
I need skills
1,069 Posts
Bear Paw?

Bear Paw is building single track within their XC ski loops (just a few miles from the Roche). (Were you at a trail day there?)

Regarding the Roche, an epic day can be had riding from Boulder lake to Bootlake. Need topo maps, gps and a bit of luck. The Langlade county land has hundreds of miles of trails a person could easily get lost in. (North on P, off Hwy 64).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cjohnson said:
Bear Paw is building single track within their XC ski loops (just a few miles from the Roche). (Were you at a trail day there?)

Regarding the Roche, an epic day can be had riding from Boulder lake to Bootlake. Need topo maps, gps and a bit of luck. The Langlade county land has hundreds of miles of trails a person could easily get lost in. (North on P, off Hwy 64).
Yeah I was at Biketoberfest this last year on the white 29er. I haven't had a chance to ride the Bear Paw yet but from what I hear it is pretty awesome. The Roche is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd go north a little further too and hit the trails around Rhinelander and Eagle River. Bikes 'n Boards has maps of some good stuff. I thoroughly enjoy riding there, and it's roughly an hour from Langlade

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
RPtheFP said:
Not sure who all surfs this during the winter months in Wisconsin, but I am looking for new trails to ride around the Fox Valley/Antigo Area
You have good riding west of Antgo - northwest. Underdown between Merrill and Tomahawk has had great improvements in recent years.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There is also a tiny trails run in Appleton along the river.
Where are the trail in Appleton? Also Greenbush (Northern Kettles) has been redone and is very nice. I'd love to try Roche

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roc said:
There is also a tiny trails run in Appleton along the river.
Where are the trail in Appleton? Also Greenbush (Northern Kettles) has been redone and is very nice. I'd love to try Roche
The follow the river downtown. Stop in Appleton Bike Shop and we can show you where they are. I have not ridden them yet but my boss used to ride them quite a bit. They are not long but still something.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My bike is up for now. I'd say Baird Creek could be ridden right now, but you're not getting up anything without studs. Kewaunee's Winter Park always has snowshoe tracks on the trail this time of year, but I haven't been there in over a month. IDK about the others mentioned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.