Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know theres many of them...
I like how nevegals hook up the trails (compound or tread maybe?) but my 2.1 wire are very heavy. Im looking same preformance in every conditions but lighter and less rolling resistance. Any advice?

As I told you conditions here are mud, hardpack, rocks, gravel....all conditions
thanks.:thumbsup:

· Registered
6,757 Posts
Ever try the kevlar bead....

Nevegal? Depends on what you consider heavy, but the Kevlar version in 2.1 tips the scales at around 630g +or- 5g. Which isn't bad for a full 2.1 high volume tire. Another might be Continental Vertical Pro 2.3, another 630g tire, though more like a 2.2 than a 2.3. But around the same size as the 2.1 Nevy for volume. Not as good in mud (reasonable though), but works well in rocks and roots.

Good Dirt

· Registered
6,864 Posts
Squash said:
Nevegal? Depends on what you consider heavy, but the Kevlar version in 2.1 tips the scales at around 630g +or- 5g. Which isn't bad for a full 2.1 high volume tire. Another might be Continental Vertical Pro 2.3, another 630g tire, though more like a 2.2 than a 2.3. But around the same size as the 2.1 Nevy for volume. Not as good in mud (reasonable though), but works well in rocks and roots.

Good Dirt
Yeah, for a tire that worksin "all" conditions 600-650g is pretty good, IMO.
Some people like the Schwalbe Nobby Nic, for decent grip and bit less weight.

Also, Hutch Spider and Nokian NBX are both pretty good in most conditions and clearing mud too, but both are 600g+.

· Registered
13,272 Posts
The Panaracer Rampage 2.35 is very similar in tread pattern to the Nev but is lighter, and rolls better. It's also about the same size as the Nev 2.1.

I'm not sure how it is in mud but it doesn't like snow. 2.25 Mibro is another good option though not quite as big.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.