Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any Tips?..i'm a newb

Hey everyone,

Im a newbie to the sport of mountain biking. i do triathlons and road bike, and have recently purchased a Haro 02' X2 extreme series mountain bike full suspension. I wanted something that i could do adventure races with and could do some freeriding with. Was this a good purchase?

Also the nearest ligitament mountain bike trails are 45 minutes away, do you have any tips to help me create my own trails?

Thanks- triguy247

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just want to know any usefull tips and tricks and if anybody else knows anything about the durability and the overall ride-ability of the haro.

Thanks-triguy247

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know anything about the Haro, sorry. But as for tips and tricks, I know plenty :p The first is, "get used to falling a lot." :)

Mostly, I'd have to advise against building your own trail somewhere (unless it's your own land) because of all the legal and ethical issues involved. Go check out the regional section of the message board, find your state or area, and post something along the lines of "Just started mountain biking in (insert region) and was wondering where to ride?"

I am certain that you'll get more responses than you can deal with. Have fun!

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
check

IMBA.com for trail building tips including legal land access and how not to upset the locals. I know squat about the Haro, did you check the reviews section here?

for riding tips, Ned Overend has an excellent book.

good luck, Jim

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
For more trails

Check out the trail review section of this site. There may be more trails local to you than you realize.

Clyde

·
Registered
776 Posts
You are so gonna dig it.

triguy247 said:
Hey everyone,

Im a newbie to the sport of mountain biking. i do triathlons and road bike, and have recently purchased a Haro 02' X2 extreme series mountain bike full suspension. I wanted something that i could do adventure races with and could do some freeriding with. Was this a good purchase?

Also the nearest ligitament mountain bike trails are 45 minutes away, do you have any tips to help me create my own trails?

Thanks- triguy247
I'm a recently converted roadie and I cannot believe I wasted all that time playing in traffic. Off road is just way more fun. Compare: riding through the forest wondering what's around that next switchback or on pavement wondering if you've truly maximized your aero tuck.

You've gotten good advice. For bike opinions just type the brand in the little box at the top of the screen and hit search. The search engine isn't nearly as sophisticated as google's so you're better off typing less and picking from the options. There's a tendency in the reviews here for binary opinions, everything ethier "SUX" or "ROX" and there's always some nimrod who can't ride but just smashes stuff. "These things break the moment you ride them." so take it all as opinion. If the bike works for you and your needs, it's a good bike.

Google things like the name of your town and words like mountain bike and trail also clubs and their sites have lots of info. Punch the "trail review" link near the top of the screen. Nicely sorted by nearest town.

Have fun. You're going to dig this the most.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.