Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Hope XC hubs feel like they have too much drag in them especially in the front! My ole XT hubs spin much better!! If I loosen my quick release skewer the wheel will spin nice and free but as soon as I put any amount of tension( that will safely hold the wheel in place) to tighten down skewer it puts drag in wheel ( it will rotate a few turns and then stop) !! Any one have a solution for this? I have ridden my bike on many short trips hoping wear in will help free them up! Also the Disc brakes are NOT rubbing or making contact noise when I spin the wheels! Whats the fix? Thanks! TIG. P.S. I do not see any external way on the Hopes to adjust bearing play nor did I get a manual!

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hope Hubs!!

Yeah, this is my first set of hubs that have cartridge type bearings rather then loose ball like Shimano XTR and XT that I have used in past!! They are relatively new so maybe they free up abit with use! My Shimano's spin so free and just have a different feel! I am getting Hadley's in the future for another frame and I guess I will see how good they are! I want my Hopes to work out so I am giving them a good workoutI The overhaul procedure for them sounds easy as well! TIG.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.