Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in the Ventura county area, and would like to find some locals to ride with. If your interested, PM me or respond here. I ride in Simi mostly during the week, you know, out the front door to the trail. I am under pressure from the boss ("cough"wife"cough") to ride with others-like that will make it safer!! :confused:

I have joined the MBU here in the parks system, so that will be good, but I would like to hook up with other locals. There may be a thread on this already?

Muddy Trails,
Magoo :cool:

·
Registered
Revel Rascal
597 Posts
mr magu said:
I live in the Ventura county area, and would like to find some locals to ride with. If your interested, PM me or respond here. I ride in Simi mostly during the week, you know, out the front door to the trail. I am under pressure from the boss ("cough"wife"cough") to ride with others-like that will make it safer!! :confused:

I have joined the MBU here in the parks system, so that will be good, but I would like to hook up with other locals. There may be a thread on this already?

Muddy Trails,
Magoo :cool:
Check out North Ranch Mountain Bikers: http://www.nrmbc.org/

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but...

JimN said:
Check out North Ranch Mountain Bikers: http://www.nrmbc.org/
Well, I have made an attempt to contact them, but noone responds to my e-mails, and they don't seem to be interested in new members, so thanks for the link.

I guess I'll find people eventually, I am not really a super skilled rider, but it would be niced to find other people local. Of course, it is hard to hook up with people who don't know you, and vice-versa...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
mr magu said:
Well, I have made an attempt to contact them, but noone responds to my e-mails, and they don't seem to be interested in new members, so thanks for the link.

I guess I'll find people eventually, I am not really a super skilled rider, but it would be niced to find other people local. Of course, it is hard to hook up with people who don't know you, and vice-versa...
You tried Tamara? You may have gotten a reply through Yahoo - check your email filters. Just show up on a ride and join in.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
mr magu said:

as pacman says.....just show up based on their ride schedule. I am going to try to join them in the next week or so. very nice people.

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I will

FoShizzle said:
as pacman says.....just show up based on their ride schedule. I am going to try to join them in the next week or so. very nice people.
I sent another e-mail to join the e-list, but I will look at the times and just go. Rereading my response, I sounded pretty negative, and I forget how stuff comes across without the nuance and inflection of speech.
I'll see you guys there then, maybe :cool: ?. I'll be on a blue Turner Burner.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
mr magu said:
I sent another e-mail to join the e-list, but I will look at the times and just go. Rereading my response, I sounded pretty negative, and I forget how stuff comes across without the nuance and inflection of speech.
I'll see you guys there then, maybe :cool: ?. I'll be on a blue Turner Burner.
or just send me a private message or email through mtbr messaging. i will beginning my riding again next week now that my project is done at work (I have not ridden more than once a week in a LONG TIME).

cheers

·
Registered
821 Posts
Get on North Ranch's e-group, if you haven't already:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/North_Ranch_Mtn_Bikers/

I'm a Simian, mostly ride alone, always happy to find a buddy. Coming back from a broken arm, I'd rate myself 'strong beginner' or 'barely intermediate'. Hey, why don't you get the wife on a bike? Mtb is such a fun thing to do together... there's even a nice local group just for gals that splintered off nrmb; MTBChix. Between North Ranch & MTBChix, there are plenty of local rides to choose from.

Diana aka "LadyDi"
:cool:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
PM GMoney

he lives by In and out rides from his house up Santa Susanna Pass road, then Up Rocky Peak fire road and down Chumash about 2 or 3 times a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.