Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something for playing and possibly racing in Central Florida, think Tampa - Orlando, Brooksvill - Sarasota. Just hundreds of miles of great trails. And almost everywhere you go you'll have to negotiate patches of sugar sand at some point. So what's good, what's cheap and do the two ever mix?

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look at the trail reviews. Razorback and santos, which are north Ocala. Sugar sand is what florida is all about. THis place near where I live Orlando not really a trail, we make it one, has tons of sand so i'm used to it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
try this

One thing that helps a lot with sand is to ride when the sand is wet. In the morning or after it rains. I'm in south Florida where it's flat and I use fat street tires. but in north Fla. you'll probably want a tire with just enough tread for whatever else you need to ride. A tire with a fat casing to stay on top of the sand is what you need , and too agressive a tread can dig down as much as move you forward. I prefer a tire that can spin a little bit without digging in to keep from stalling. I don't have a specific recommendation for you, but I hope this helps. Flotation and maintaining momentum is whats needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.