Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MTBer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. So I have been wearing Pearl Izumi Liner shorts and I have been riding 4-5 days a week for the past 4 months. I bought a few pairs and they all somehow seem to have lost their padding features. As I can feel numbness at times and discomfort in longer rides. I am in the market for a better liner with thicker padding? I have been looking at Canary so far, But I still am not convinced. Any suggestions guys? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had a pair of OCG shorts years ago that had a gel chamois.....most comfortable shorts I ever owned, she'd a tear when I grew out of them, er, I mean when they shrunk........

Sorry, I know the above post fall under the category of coll starry bra!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Another ZOIC fan here. I just got a pair of their liners about a month ago and they are pretty comfortable, and for the price ($35) you can't beat them! Visit their website for a 20% off coupon. Best part of liners is I can wear shorts that I like (and didn't have to pay $60 for a logo).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Another ZOIC fan here. I just got a pair of their liners about a month ago and they are pretty comfortable, and for the price ($35) you can't beat them! Visit their website for a 20% off coupon. Best part of liners is I can wear shorts that I like (and didn't have to pay $60 for a logo).
Do you have the regular liner or the premium one? I have the regular ones as well and they are decent/above average but would still like something better.

·
Registered
10,645 Posts
I second looking more toward your saddle than your liner pad. Once the liner pad gets to thick or big it feels like your wearing a big diaper. What you describe would indicate your saddle not being a good fit for you or even not adjusted well. I've ridden a LOT of saddles over the years & for mountain biking I am 100% sold on the sizing concept of specialized saddles. I am on my second specialized saddle & not only are they more comfortable but they offer way more support as a platform to pedal from. With all that said I like Fox Racing Evolution Ride Liner Shorts - Men's | Backcountry.com . Breath great & last several seasons.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
I wear bibs under my baggies and would never go back to regular shorts. I have 4 brands currently and they all do a good job as long as the bibs fit properly. If you are going numb it's likely your saddle and or it's position and tilt.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I buy premium road shorts and as they age they become my "Liner shorts" for MTB. You get what you pay for. Shorts for the Century (100 mile) ride start at about $100.00. They're worth it if you spend long days on the saddle. They also last for many years. I currently am using Sugoi. I also have a pair of Louis Garneau bibs that I use for 100 mile rides. I have friends who swear by Assos but I haven't been able to part with that much cash for a pair of shorts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.