Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a guys bike and I am trying to get his Bottom bracket out to replace it. His bike is a Titanium Litespeed Tsali and he has an older Shimano Xtr BB. I think the BB has never been taken out since the day it was first put in when the bike was built, which was probably like five years ago. They guy washes his bike alot and I think water got down in the BB and broke down the Anti-seize so the materials have started to bond together somewhat? I got the non-drive cup out but the drive side won't budge. Anyone have any experience with BB's seizing like this?:)

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Ordinarybikes said:
I got the non-drive cup out but the drive side won't budge. Anyone have any experience with BB's seizing like this?:)
This might be too obvious and I don't mean to insult your intelligence but you didn't say so I must ask - you know the drive side cup is reverse threaded doncha?

Failing that here's the method that never fails - re-install the BB spindle and the NDS cup. Bolt the BB tool to the BB spindle. Place BB tool in vice. Use frame as your leverage. That'll do it. Make damn sure you're turning the frame the correct way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.