Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
What fork?

What fork are you using?

If you are using a Lefty, the steer tube is not 1.5". KORE, Woodman, and Cannondale are the only stem makers for the headshock/lefty.

As far as rise and length go, there is no way to tell.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. I've been happy with the KORE stems I've had in the past so I'll have to dig a little deeper for the lefty compatible model - I couldn't unearth anything in cursory search just now. The fork will either be a speed carbon or terralogic. I'm not sure what to go with that way..... I suppose I should pose the question in a seperate thread.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
damion said:
My Lefty Max is a bolt on model. That new steer will not work with the bonded Lefty models.
Aren't the bonded Leftys bolted to the steerer and the bond is rather between the clamps and the Lefty itself? Kinda like the Carbon Leftys? Or are they bonded to the steerer too?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Ok.

Dan Gerous said:
Aren't the bonded Leftys bolted to the steerer and the bond is rather between the clamps and the Lefty itself? Kinda like the Carbon Leftys? Or are they bonded to the steerer too?
I am not sure. It may be that you are right. I have not had a close look at one. Have you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.