Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slim chance? any news on on-one's drop bar?

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,165 Posts
I have a Nitto made Specialized BBT-2 "dirt drop" style bar for sale.
LMK

Scoty

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
banks said:
LMK

Scoty
hmmm... does it differ too much from the wtbs?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I had a dream just last night that I found one at Absolute Bikes in Flagstaff for $70. but I bought it so you are out of luck. Sorry for the piss poor help.

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,165 Posts
If the Flag store had one-it was before Shanwn & I moved to Salida; Spring of 1999.
AFAIK the BBT-2 bar was not as flared or wide as the WTB bar, but I'm not really sure-a guess.
Shiggy will probably know since he's the quasi-demi-god of drop bars.

Scoty

·
artistic...
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
banks said:
If the Flag store had one-it was before Shanwn & I moved to Salida; Spring of 1999.
AFAIK the BBT-2 bar was not as flared or wide as the WTB bar, but I'm not really sure-a guess.
Shiggy will probably know since he's the quasi-demi-god of drop bars.

Scoty
hmmm i want the wide and the flare.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
banks said:
LMK

Scoty
I believe that bar is from the Specialized Rock Combo. Kind of a funky bend. But it is wide up top (which is nice) and slightly flared down low. Not nearly as much flare as a Wilderness Trail bar, but it has a bit more drop and a bit more reach. It could also work okay with road STI levers unlike a Wilderness Trail bar.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Banks

I am pretty sure that Ken took the last set of drops out of the case around 96. He has always been into drops for some strange reason. I don't know why I bought them in my dream. I have never liked riding with them.

Aaron

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,165 Posts
I ordered the last 5 drops from WTB in 2000 for the Salida store. You're right about Ken, but Shawn gots-to get his hands on the cool retro stuff

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Shawn has always had to have what is cool for the moment, whether that is a new full suspension or cool old retro stuff. Ken always just road what he liked. Ken probably still has that old purple and black frame that he built back in the 80's. I don't know how many bikes Shawn went through while I worked at Absolute from 91-97 but I am sure it was close to 20. Then again most were pretty cool bikes.
Aaron

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,165 Posts
Then you probably remember me as VW Scot, earings, tats, long hair, 135+lbs Black Lab/Rotti-I got the first IF out of the shop-candy apple red fade to silver in '96 & I used to run Florek VW Audi. I was the guy that used put Eugene in the garbage can, after he named me "Fatman".

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Scott,

Didn't you work at Care Express of somewhere there abouts? I don't remember the IF (which is weird, I usually know people by their bikes) but I was only working there sporatically after graduating in 95. Poor Eugene, he was always getting stuffed into a trash can. I was usually in the back of the shop playing with tools.

Aaron

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,165 Posts
Hell no, I didn't work at cafe delay. I used to run Tim's Auto Electric from 1993-1995 though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts