Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*or equivalent brands ;)

out here in the hot SoCal summer, I'm wondering if any mfr's make a slim version of a 100oz bladder bag. On longer rides, going through 100oz is no problem, with supplimental energy drinks in a bottle as well.

I just don't need 3000 c.i. of storage for armor, my Sean Jean sweatsuit, a fruit basket and every single bike tool from my workbench.

I saw a thread on the C-bak Chaos, but alas it's a 70 ouncer.

For now I'm 'Bak-less, going back to lg. bottles in cages and one in a jersey pocket. And it feels great to get that big pack off my back in the heat!

cheers,
hw

·
Registered
175 Posts
have you looked on www.camelbak.com? they have all their hydration packs there. i have heard some of the 70oz packs can hold 100oz containers when i was checking them out at REI. if i was buying again i would hit up some stores like REI and talk to someone there about it and also maybe throw a 100oz container in a 70oz pack, see if it would work.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
i have a M.U.L.E. and it's pretty low profile considering the size of the bladder (100oz). the pack just fits a pump, some spare tubes, gu, a topeak alien, keys and a cell phone.

i love it!:D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
dHarriet said:
i have a M.U.L.E. and it's pretty low profile considering the size of the bladder (100oz). the pack just fits a pump, some spare tubes, gu, a topeak alien, keys and a cell phone.

i love it!:D
I have to agree here. The M.U.L.E. is very low profile for the amount of water. There is nothing below the M.U.L.E. to support 100oz. The Hawg is next up in line with 100oz but is much larger.

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fsrxc said:
Blowfish. Similar to the Mule but cheaper and can zip down smaller (same 100oz bladder).
the blowfish is the model I had. The zippers crapped out me, jamming open. I took a look at the CamelBak website, under the Military and Law Enforcement links....holy crap! I can get a 100oz. water-only pack that's fire and bio-chem proof, and also has a low infra-red signature for night ops!

Red Leader out,
hw

·
*Hotter than Hell*
710 Posts
Delta leader...

Hollywood said:
I can get a 100oz. water-only pack that's fire and bio-chem proof, and also has a low infra-red signature for night ops!

Red Leader out,
hw
The Thermo and Ambush both support 100oz and are smaller than the Mule.
http://www.quanticoarms.com/asp/items.asp?type=M&CMN=CamelBak&CMNum=4&CMSNum=8&CMSN=Packs
http://www.rangerjoes.com/field-equipment-hydration-c-200_204.html
http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=146

Carry on...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hollywood, I know what you mean about going through water. Until a few days ago I was using a 32 (?) ounce water bottle. I got a North Face Big Shot backpack for school and it is hydration system ready. I took my dad's 68oz. Flexi-Flask from his hunting pack (he didn't want to use the hydration system for some reason) and put it in my pack when I go on rides. So far I've just gone on city rides with it, but I have almost always drank all of the water. I'll have to upgrade to a Camelback resevoir pretty soon.

I saw the military camelbacks the other day. I was very tempted, but I didn't get one (forgot my money).

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Hollywood said:
I figured the DoD would be chiming in with a Wingnut offer :D

personally I'm kinda digging the Hi-Viz orange and lime green. Only 70oz. though.
Since you are currently going packless with bottles, why not use a 70oz pack and bottles?

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.