Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing a bunch of groms riding these in Whizzler (probably a bunch of rentals through Summit), but I'm curious if any mtbr folks are riding these rigs and what their impressions are so far.... Kinda wondering if this could be built into a do-all rig?

Cheers,
EB

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have one....

I got the 350 SS. Absolutely it could. It is just slacker then the SXC, so I got a Marz 66 ATA to compensate for that, and the bottom bracket is lower so you have to time your pedal strokes a little bit better in rock gardens. But super fun bike! Really agile, and confident on the DH. Highly recomended.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
We just got the 350 in our shop and I really like it. I've spent the last few months on a Bottlerocket and the Slayer is a lot more supple initially. That's nice... What I'm not impressed with the weight distribution. The back of the bike seems heavy, but I'm sure component changes would fix that. The Large we have sports a 17 inch seat tube, so extension for trail riding might be an issue. Otherwise, this thing is a mini-ripper! :thumbsup:

It was on my next bike list but a Flatline 3 showed up at the same time. Big travel wins again! :rolleyes:

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tkblazer said:
yo EBX, i'm lookin at an SS as well.. but i just put some time in over the weekend on a flatline and i want one of those now as well haha
Yeah, my wife's friend and co-coach works at Rocky and said she could get me a demo on a Flatline, so I plan to take her up on it. I'm kinda afraid though.......since I already have a DH bike I really like. ;)

I am seriously curious about the slayer ss though......might make a nice replacement for the reign if I could make it a "do all" rig.

EB

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
ebxtreme said:
I am seriously curious about the slayer ss though......might make a nice replacement for the reign if I could make it a "do all" rig.

EB
wish i could have tried the ss... the rocky homie would not let us ride his personal bike for the weekend... and we thought we got him drunk enough :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.