Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker just told me about upper stage coach, hummingbird, and g-spot trails and after watching some youtube videos...i need to run these!

Just rode suicide and dead cow trails in the oak park/thousand oaks area this week. I ride a 170mm x 170mm bike so the ride up dead cow wasnt too bad. Full DH bike would not be fun.

Looking to see if there's anyone else that wants to hit up some local area DH runs after work on weekdays. I work in the area and would love to hit up some trails with some other riders! Plus, im sure there are a lot more trails i dont know about and id love to ride some new ones!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I work in Simi and try and ride at least or twice a week after work before heading home to Canyon Country. I'd be down check out some trails. I ride an spec enduro evo so I've come to the conclusion that if I want to go DH I need to go up first.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you ever ridden upper stage coach or hummingbird? ive never ridden simi but i know there are a lot of trails in that area that i would love to ride

we have similar bikes. mine is a bit of a pig going uphill but i manage...even beat a full lyrca 29er rider w/ clipless up dead cow trail last week - a very grinning moment for me haaa

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
As far as legal trails go:

Hummingbird - mix of fast and bumpy, slow tech, and lots of switchbacks. Probably my favorite single trail in the Rocky Peak area.
Chumash - techy top, loose middle, flowwwwww to the bottom
Johnson's - far less traveled than the others, but incredibly fun. Fast and chattery with 3-4 punchy climbs

You can climb the latter two, but not HB. Never ridden Stagecoach, but it's on the list. LMK if you want to venture out, I know those 3 really, really well. For reference, I rode a RIP 9 for much of the last 2 years, but am waiting on a Lunchbox, which should be here soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.