Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a decent deal on a 2009 Lyrik, but I'm not sure if a 2010 Lyrik would be worth the extra cash. Are there any significant improvements made on the 2010 model?
Thanks folks.
Cheers.
-jon

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you get a fork with the Mission Control DH damper, both the compression damping and rebound damping, has been changed. The people I know who have ridden them, have been impressed with the new damping.

There is also fixed travel coil spring option. I have a u-turn fork, and am not crazy about the spring rate on the fork.

Depending on what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend the it might or might not be worth the extra money.

·
Nightmare on Lyrik st. VI
818 Posts
You have 170mm travel (no travel adjustment forks) as well as 160mm travel (travel adjustment forks) available.

And both Mission Control dampers (not only the DH) have been updated.

If you like the idea of a 170mm fork, then it is a no brainer. If not, personally I wouldn't pay more than 100 bucks for a 2010 just because of the updated Mission Control.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
amrgb said:
If you like the idea of a 170mm fork, then it is a no brainer. If not, personally I wouldn't pay more than 100 bucks for a 2010 just because of the updated Mission Control.
It's a Moment frame, so 160 is my max. Is the updated Mission control a bad thing?
-jon

·
Registered
818 Posts
All the solo air forks can be de-traveled, to almost any fixed travel length.

The updated mission control, is supposed to good, especially at running things over. The DH version does not have the lock out function(which I have never used on the trail)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with the '09 uturn, because i got it shipped for >$200 less than i could find the 2010. I think the general consensus is that the 2010 std damper is superior to the '09...if only due to slight design changes/higher reliability.

Look here for changes in the rebound/damper assemblies for the DH model:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=568883

I believe the 2010 std damper assembly costs ~$100, and you can drop that into the '09, so if you save enough money you still come out on top and you get the improved 2010 damper.

Call Chad at Red Barn. He gave me a great price on the '09...the best i've seen even with the current sales online, but i was limited to the putty color. The fork should be here sometime early next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.