Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
If you mean a full DH fork and not just a plush long travel fork then the 66 is probably the only one I would trust. The breakout, fox 36 and others are great for trail and FR. But for strictly downhill I say 66.
That Bullit is beautiful. :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
If you mean a full DH fork and not just a plush long travel fork then the 66 is probably the only one I would trust. The breakout, fox 36 and others are great for trail and FR. But for strictly downhill I say 66.
very nice bike i must say. sweet colors as well. Black and yellow, you should call that bumble bee

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
check out the new manitou travis SC fork it is single crown and has 8 inchs of travel!!!! saw it on pinkk bike or nsmb cant remmber

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
mike67 said:
Not technically a DH rig, but it does the job. I used basically the same bike last year but with a Z150 & Romic. The 66 is 150mm
MMMMMMM :drool: That is one super fine rfx. :D

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
dmananderson said:
the new travis 8 inch single crown that is comming out looks sweet. i dont know if i would trust it though. 8 inches in a single crown scares me.
its got a 1.5 headtube if thats more reasuring....

m3s get all the lovin ;)

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I'm running the 170mm 66RC on my bike.

It's not really a DH bike though.....more FR, but you get the point.

I can't say enough about this particular fork so far. I've had 3 trips to the Shore on it and I've gone way bigger than I ever did on my Super T and it shows zero weaknesses so far. I guess I should be more worried about my frame than the fork! ;) This upcoming weekend it will get a day on Fromme, Seymour and maybe the Woodlot....so you can tell I feel pretty confident on it.

Here's a pic from Mt. Fromme - lounging above the 7th switchback.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=850127&postcount=3

Cheers,
EB

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
WOW that's amazing only one DH bike with a SC fork on it. I would have thought you'd get a better response than that. Too bad. I'll keep my eyes open on other boards if I come across anything I'll post it. ;)

As a consolation prize though, got some nice pics of some XC rigs with SC forks. :D

I thought DH rigs were single ring option only???? Weird!! :confused:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.