Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a buddy who is interested in the beast. Anyone know of a shop who has any in size large?

Peace with chicken grease! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
xcguy said:
Call Mojo Wheels.
I seriously feel like I was totally scammed at this shop...I decided never giving them my business in the future was enough...and I would not start a post attacking the shop, but feel it necessary to at least warn a potential victim is the right thing to do....BR
 

·
Stand back
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
BenR said:
I seriously feel like I was totally scammed at this shop...I decided never giving them my business in the future was enough...and I would not start a post attacking the shop, but feel it necessary to at least warn a potential victim is the right thing to do....BR
Who did you deal with? Every shop has a bad seed, or two, or four...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,546 Posts
First time I've heard this

BenR said:
I seriously feel like I was totally scammed at this shop...I decided never giving them my business in the future was enough...and I would not start a post attacking the shop, but feel it necessary to at least warn a potential victim is the right thing to do....BR
Was there no way you could work out your problem with them? I guess things might change over time with any shop but I'm surprised Mojo might have gone downhill that far in the customer service department. I'm sure they have their side of the story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
xcguy said:
Was there no way you could work out your problem with them? I guess things might change over time with any shop but I'm surprised Mojo might have gone downhill that far in the customer service department. I'm sure they have their side of the story.
It was 3 employees, I did not take it up with the owners...Was not worth it for me, you live and learn...cost me a bit of cash, but saved me from buying a bike there as I was looking for a blur as well....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,546 Posts
BenR said:
It was 3 employees, I did not take it up with the owners...Was not worth it for me, you live and learn...cost me a bit of cash, but saved me from buying a bike there as I was looking for a blur as well....
I bet the owner would have wanted to know a potential customer had a gripe about her employees. I know, sometimes it's just not seemingly worth the effort to pursue it...all I can say is I never felt scammed there. But that was awhile ago. And I only dealt with Bob, the manager. Is he still there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
xcguy said:
I bet the owner would have wanted to know a potential customer had a gripe about her employees. I know, sometimes it's just not seemingly worth the effort to pursue it...all I can say is I never felt scammed there. But that was awhile ago. And I only dealt with Bob, the manager. Is he still there?
For what it is worth, I had read good things about the shop on here…so being new to the area I went there to upgrade to hydraulic brakes. I had read the posts about juicy's in the brake section and did not think I wanted to go that direction.
I went to the shop with the intent of buying new brakes…Speaking to a guy behind the counter he talked me into Juicy seven's, said that my fears were not an issue, they were great brakes. However they did not have any in stock. He would do me a favor and see if any of the employees had a good used set available. I wanted new, but also wanted to get some brakes so I agreed. It just so happened that an employee did have a set. So I bought a set of used avid juicy's from the employee for a decent price. I brought my bike in and they agreed to get them installed for the normal price. I paid a couple hundred to the employee for the brakes and over a hundred to the shop to have them installed. They also did get them done for me in a quick turn around, so I brought them a six-pack of their choice for the service.
I rode the bike 3-4 times over a week of time and vibration and noise was insane, so I went back to the shop. The same guy that suggested these brakes told me that it was pretty normal for them and I would need new rotors and pads as that might solve the issue. I mentioned he had suggested these and the guy right over there in back sold them to me last week….
At this point it had dawned on me that, one of the employees wanted to unload a set of brakes and I had pretty much been played. Having dealt with these kids one week before they all pretended to not know me…the whole thing was pretty stupid and orchestrated by teenage to early twenties employees…I am a bit older and thought that I actually have a some money and wanted nothing more to do with them….so I took my bike to another shop, got XT brakes and had a great rest of the season….
 

·
Stand back
Joined
·
4,213 Posts
Juicies are good brakes, but they shouldn't have sold them to you w/o warning you about the rotors (which are no reason to "unload" a set of brakes as they're cheap and easy to swap). Over $100 sounds pretty pricey for a brake install, though, and FWIW I've had more issues with the owner than any employee there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
dbabuser said:
Juicies are good brakes, but they shouldn't have sold them to you w/o warning you about the rotors (which are no reason to "unload" a set of brakes as they're cheap and easy to swap). Over $100 sounds pretty pricey for a brake install, though, and FWIW I've had more issues with the owner than any employee there...
I hear ya, I am pretty mechanically inclined and have learned quite a bit about working on my own bike, just at the time I had just moved here, had a studio apartment with no room and did not really know much about the bikes...either way I really like the XT at this point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks yo. He's gonna check out D-spoke and Mojo today.

Hey BR, Sorry to hear about your troubles at Mojo. That sounds like a pretty shiesty gig. If Lisa (owner) knew about it, those boys probably would've been in big trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Hmmm, FWIW I had an excellent experience at Mojo Wheels this summer. Got a new Heckler there in July. They didn't have a RP23 in stock in the right size, so they let me ride a brand new FloatR for a few weeks before the RP23 came in and then swapped it out for free. I needed to warranty my front wheel in the fall, they gave me a decent rental wheel to use for free for almost a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
SylentK said:
I got a buddy who is interested in the beast. Anyone know of a shop who has any in size large?

Peace with chicken grease! :thumbsup:
SylentK would your buddy be interested in a used one in good condition? I have a friend that has talked about selling his for about a year, it is the older style frame. He does'nt ride it anymore because he has other bikes. It is a complete bike, I could find out how much he wants for it or get your buddy in touch with him. Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Matt, I wouldn't bother. With the discounts the shops are giving, it would have to be a really sweet Bullit at a dirt cheap price. Plus this dude likes his brand new toys. He's a sven like that.

WKD - thanks for the post, but it's just more cost effective for him to go complete.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Ive always had good dealings w/ mojo-- my roommate bought Bob's old enduro used- got an awesome price. He blew the specialized fork up, they sent it back under warranty and got it back to him I think under 2 weeks for FREE- - they always seemed pretty good to me too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Hey I am not trying to be a "tool" but I know sometimes I am :rolleyes:

I bought my Heckler from the Sports Garage in Boulder and they treated me like a good customer and they always do right by me when I need something for my bike. At a reasonable price ofcourse. The reason I bought my Heckler there was because I called around/emailed all of the SC dealers with in 75 miles of Boulder in mid July and no one had a Medium Heckler in stock, the sports garage had one on order so I put a deposit on it and in less than a week I had my Heckler. But the point of my story is I went looking for a Heckler aggressively in Mid season and found one, (this is where the tool part comes in) if your buddy wants a Bullit he need only go to the SC website and find local dealers and start calling, the Bullit fairy might drop one in his lap??? I just know when I want something and I want it my way I have to man up strap my sack on and go do it :D
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top