Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find any info on the 2020 Fuel EX 5 27.5 plus. Can't find anything...
I don't wanna spend $2.5k on a 2019 if the 2020 is better in any sense.
Any rumors on this bike ???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've been trying to find any info on the 2020 Fuel EX 5 27.5 plus. Can't find anything...
I don't wanna spend $2.5k on a 2019 if the 2020 is better in any sense.
Any rumors on this bike ???

People talking complete redesign. Plus kinda dying

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Whatever is coming for the Fuel EX line is strongly rumored for august----I also agree that 27.5 Plus seems to be less common with new releases---not 27.5 just 27.5 Plus--also rumored a full redesign for the Fuel-----
Trek seems behind on the release curve this year as next Tuesday we will see the SC HT----which only leaves the Fuel as unreleased this year for bikes we think have a redesign

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wouldn't count on the next year F-EX to come out with 27.5+ options. I know for a fact some other manufactures have confirmed dropping it as a complete option that was offered previously.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't count on the next year F-EX to come out with 27.5+ options. I know for a fact some other manufactures have confirmed dropping it as a complete option that was offered previously.
Why 27.5+ is not a popular option anymore ??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Doubt they are going to have plus bikes besides their Roscoe line. Cannondale seems to be phasing out the Bad Habit, their 27.5+ full suspension bike. Son just ordered Trek EX5 that comes with 35mm rims, same width as the Roscoe. He plans to run 29 x2.8 Vigilantes on it. Sort of a poor mans Full Stache. Plenty of room in frame. Little need to make a plus model when current one can accommodate big tires and some 2.6 tires are as wide as some 2.8's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Installed the Vigilante 29 x 2.8 tires on my sons 2020 EX 5. He's only 14 but rides an XL. Bought the Tough Casing and went tubeless as he's had a few outings end early with flat tires.
They are pretty close to the Vigilante 2.6 he replaced as it comes to width 2.6 vs 2.77 at the tread, but the casing on the 2.8 has more volume and is slightly taller.
Made video to show even if they stretch some there is plenty of room for the tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.