Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a yakima q towers kit for my 2012 vw passat. the best deal i can find is 10 percent off of rack attack.
i would need everything,
q towers
q35 clips
q128 clips
bars
fairing
and the bike mounts
etc.

i hear people getting roof sets for like 300 bucks, i cant get it cheaper than 450 after the discount. anyone have any suggestions? i want shipping to miami florida and decent prices.

would also consider thule

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got my Thule hitch rack from Bike Nashbar. They aren't my first choice for stuff, but they usually have a 20% off coupon every few weeks. The only downside was that I paid for shipping. However, it was the cheapest price I could fine at the time.

·
Papa T
273 Posts
Look at Inno. Usually much cheaper than the big 2, and same quality.

·
No Clue Crew
7,172 Posts
Go to your local Craiglist. Always folks dumping their racks cheap.

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
Ebay, or vwvortex forums in the classifieds section.

You never really see NEW thule or yakima on sale for more than 10%.

If you don't have a sunroof, the fairing isn't really necessary.

Bike mounts - Even though they are more, you should get the front-wheel mounts, not axle mounts. They are more, but through-axles are so popular that you will need to get some sort of adapter eventually anyways.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found something used on craigslist. I'm gonna just but the q towers and bars brand new and some girl a few hours from me is selling 2 sprocket rocket (you gotta remove wheel but it's the highest rated one from yakima) bike mounts and a third older bike mount for 180 (they go for 189 each without the third bike mount)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got most of mine piece mail from eBay. Craigslist always has some stuff on there too. I have two sprocket rockets and I love them. They are so much sturdier than their lower end mounts.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Check out ORSracksdirrect. Maybe not more than 10% off, but I had a good experience with them. They were the cheapest I could find an Inno fork-mount roof bike rack. Also, check retailmenot or other coupon code websites, since ORS often puts out coupon codes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I ended up going with rackattack.com they had 10% off and gave me 55 off for the lock keys so I ended up paying like 406 with the fairing and the q towers setup. I'm going to pick up the bike mounts from craigslist. 180 for 2 rocket sockets and a third cheap bike mount. Not a bad deal IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts