Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My wife and I will be taking a quick weekend trip to Roanoke later this summer. I’d like to stay downtown and take in some of the local restaurant and brewery scene. So, ride-wise I’ll probably check out Mill Mountain for an evening ride when time is limited, and then hoping to spend a full day out at Carvins Cove.

Anyone have good suggestions or recommendations on general area to stay? Ideally would like to be able to walk to restaurants/breweries, and also ride to Mill. (I’m assuming I’d need to drive up to Carvins?)

Is downtown a generally safe area to stay? Is the entertainment / restaurant scene worth staying downtown for? Just trying to get some ideas as we make plans. Have never visited Roanoke before.

Thanks in advance!

· CrgCrkRyder
2,375 Posts
Hi all. My wife and I will be taking a quick weekend trip to Roanoke later this summer. I'd like to stay downtown and take in some of the local restaurant and brewery scene. So, ride-wise I'll probably check out Mill Mountain for an evening ride when time is limited, and then hoping to spend a full day out at Carvins Cove.

Anyone have good suggestions or recommendations on general area to stay? Ideally would like to be able to walk to restaurants/breweries, and also ride to Mill. (I'm assuming I'd need to drive up to Carvins?)

Is downtown a generally safe area to stay? Is the entertainment / restaurant scene worth staying downtown for? Just trying to get some ideas as we make plans. Have never visited Roanoke before.

Thanks in advance!
As a general rule it is safe. I would stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown. Close to everything. Lots of brew pubs and breweries and good restaurants too. The locals usually end up at Martins later for live music. Fork in the City also has live music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.