Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the in-laws live in that area so I'm stuck over there sometime. I have my road bike there to ride when there's nothing else to do but I'd rather go MTBing. Anyone know of trails in that area? Anyone want to go riding Christmas mid-day or the day after?

I have ridden Goat Camp and loved it! I've heard there's not much else in the White Tanks though...bummer!
 

·
It rains here. :(
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Crash_FLMB said:
So the in-laws live in that area so I'm stuck over there sometime. I have my road bike there to ride when there's nothing else to do but I'd rather go MTBing. Anyone know of trails in that area? Anyone want to go riding Christmas mid-day or the day after?

I have ridden Goat Camp and loved it! I've heard there's not much else in the White Tanks though...bummer!
If you have ridden Goat Camp, then yeah I'm pretty sure there is nothing left in the west valley that will challenge you. You can either lower yourself and ride the competitive loops, head down to Estrella to do the Technical loop, or perhaps try riding up Goat Camp. ;)

Actually you could go exploring on the west side of White Tanks, unknown if there is any decent riding back there. Take Bell west, it turns into Sun Valley Pkwy and heads behind White Tanks.
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umbrous said:
If you have ridden Goat Camp, then yeah I'm pretty sure there is nothing left in the west valley that will challenge you. You can either lower yourself and ride the competitive loops, head down to Estrella to do the Technical loop, or perhaps try riding up Goat Camp. ;)

Actually you could go exploring on the west side of White Tanks, unknown if there is any decent riding back there. Take Bell west, it turns into Sun Valley Pkwy and heads behind White Tanks.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to be smug and say 'Hey I've ridden GC so what else is there?' I mentioned it b/c I'd like to know if there is anything else out that way. But thanks for the info on the Estrella's. Has anyone ridden the Estrellas? Are there any good maps? Since I'm new to the area, I'm not really one to go out on my own too often. Sure I've ridden National - Telegraph - DC by myself but only b/c I'd ridden it previously on vacation.

Again, thanks for the info.
 

·
AZ MTBR
Joined
·
318 Posts
Hey Rodney,

I have ridden and raced out at Estrella. It's been a year or so since i was
last there but i remember the trails well. The long loop is about 8 miles long and
the tech loop is 5 miles. I liked it because it has some good tech trail and
some climbing. Downside is there is some sandwashes and lotsa rocks.
But i love the technical sections. I know you would do well there.
Figure about 2 hrs to complete.?? I would probably ride on X-Mas day
if you want to go out there.. Let me know..

Later,
Johnny K
 

·
It rains here. :(
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Crash_FLMB said:
I wasn't trying to be smug and say 'Hey I've ridden GC so what else is there?' I mentioned it b/c I'd like to know if there is anything else out that way. But thanks for the info on the Estrella's. Has anyone ridden the Estrellas? Are there any good maps?
Yeah I've been a bit too sarcastic lately. :eek:

Anyways, Estrella is a Maricopa park so http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/estrella/Maps.aspx I'd say ride the long loop as well, then if you're not tired go ride the technical loop. Of course you could try some of the multi-use trails but they have worse flow than the competitive track.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top