Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got accepted to Hamilton College as a transfer student and I'm wondering how the riding is up there. I realize its ass cold most of the time so that hampers things a little bit. Just wondering how much good riding is within 2hrs of it. I'm interested in freeriding as well as some XC. thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
There's plenty of great XC riding within a 1-2 hour drive but most of the good freeriding is about 3 hours out in either Plattekill, Gore Mountain or Rochester.

Highland forest is about 45-60 minutes from Clinton. Lots of racing going on there this summer and it's a great place for XC. I'm heading out there today, as a matter of fact :)

Check out http://bikeloft.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=37 and www.cycle-cny.com for lists of places to ride.

You'll discover Sherril Brook Park in New Hartford and probably end up using it a lot. It's nothing technical, but it's not too bad for only being 5-10 minutes from you.

- Jeremy -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.