Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Covert" Heckler1
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'll be spending a week at Lake Harmony in mid-September, coming down from Burlington, VT to hang out with family.

In a nutshell, any good riding within an hour or so of this area?

Thanks

·
921 Posts
Probably 100 miles of quality trails within 30 min, (Jim Thorpe, Mountain Top, Whitehaven,) but all will require a guided tour.

At the 1 hr range, there's more XC riding than you'll be able to do in a week, plus Blue Mountain Ski resort for DH.

Post your travel details / ride availability in Sept and I'm sure someone, myself included, would be happy to show you around.

Edit: PS: I'm not about to ask one of my Santa Cruz brethren, 'what kind of trails do you like?':thumbsup:

·
Rolling on 650b
366 Posts

·
"Covert" Heckler1
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, I'll check into it all and also check out the group rides at Peterson.

My name is a little misleading, while I still have my 2000 Heckler, my main ride now is a 2010 Transition Covert. My riding style falls into the abyss category of "All Mountain". I like to climb as much as the next guy, but the joy comes from the descents. The steeper, rockier, rootier the better.

Chris

·
Rolling on 650b
366 Posts
You can PM me when you're in town. We do Tuesday night rides from different locations, some of which aren't too far from Lake Harmony. Our rides our def. more XC oriented though. So rocks and roots, but not necessarily steep.

·
"Covert" Heckler1
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

One thing that piqued my curiosoty is the Blue Mountain Ski Resort. Might be kind of nice to ride the lift for a day and not have to worry about finding unfamiliar trailheads, parking and navigating unknown networks.

Anyone have any experience with Blue Mountain?

Clipless in PA - Tuesday night is one of the nights I won't be there. I think I'm arriving Thursday, 10/9 and leaving Monday, 10/13. Thanks for the invite, though.

·
NEPMCPMBA President
928 Posts
Blue is fun, well worth it. If you are expecting hard core freeride stuff, then you will be disappointed. But if your main thing is trail riding, then you will have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts