Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the ENO eccentric disc hub how is it working? Any issues with the set up and holding of it's adustment? I have a Rocky Blizzard with Hayes hydros that I want to convert to S.S. I don't paln on changing my gearing offten, maybe 1-2 times a year for trips into the mountains. Any ifo would be great before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
oh, it's good

Higbee said:
For those who have the ENO eccentric disc hub how is it working? Any issues with the set up and holding of it's adustment? I have a Rocky Blizzard with Hayes hydros that I want to convert to S.S. I don't paln on changing my gearing offten, maybe 1-2 times a year for trips into the mountains. Any ifo would be great before I pull the trigger. Thanks.
Check it out: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=86860

·
Registered
26 Posts
Eno rocks

Built my eno eccentric wheel about two weeks ago. It's the bomb. Works flawlessly. Way easy to adjust. Was running a 32-18 and switched to a 34-18 and didn't even need to readjust the brake. Kicking myself for waiting so long to get one. Mine is on a Jamis Dragon.

Listen to Ernesto and me, GET ONE NOW!

·
Registered
180 Posts
No ENO needed on the Blizz...

I run 32x18 with a standard hub. With the Endless 18t cog, the chain tension is pretty much perfect. You can also run 32x17 with a half-link.

Its got the magic chainstays..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Higbee said:
Still working the bugs out on mine. During a ride this weekend the set screws that hold the eccentric disc mount in place came loose. I didn't have a 19mm cone wrench or a pair of pliers with me so I knew that if I took the wheel off to tighten the set screws I'd never be able to get my chain tensioned right. So, I just took it really easy for the rest of the ride and didn't use my rear brake. Lessons learned: carry either a pair of pliers or a 19mm cone wrench and make sure those set screws are tightened down (although they are VERY small bolts so don't tighten too hard).

Also I had some interference between the mount and the arm that sticks out of the outboard disc brake pad (Avid pads). I had to cut off a little bit of that arm so that the pads could retract all the way.

Finally, when I was setting it up at first, the eccentric disc adaptor was interfering with the weld between the seatstay and disc mount on the frame. Basically when I tightened the eccentric adaptor it was pinching down on the weld and not the face of the disc mount. I added a few shims to get the adaptor off the weld.

Overall I still really like the ENO disc setup, you just have to be prepared to spend a little time to get it set up just right.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thaks

I just ordered the hub and it should get it by this weekend! I tried the running no tensioner but the gearing I need for the mountains won't work so ENO to the rescue. I will post pics when I am done. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.