Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at switching the stock 27.5x2.6 Maxxis Rekon's on my SB140 for potentially a 2.4" wide Dissectors (front is a 2.6" DHF). Is there a tried and true method of calculating how different the overall diameter of the tire is, and consequently how the bike geometry will change? Or am I overthinking it and while it may change a bit it probably wont be noticeable to go down .2" width in the rear tire?

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,165 Posts
You’ll feel more difference in tire performance based on width & tread design than you’ll feel in overall bike geometry change.

In fact, as respects the tire change described above, you’re likely to feel plenty of the former and zero of the latter.
=sParty

· Registered
3,175 Posts
17mm of axle to crown height = 1 degree of HA. It's overthinking geo changes when you raise the front end by less than 8mm which is where you'll be I'm sure. Chang the front tire volume by 8mm or more and you'll feel it in the HA but the BB and ST changes will be subtle enough to go largely unnoticed to all but the most sensitive princesses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.