Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you guys run non-tubeless Geax tyres with Stan's sealant? I'm planning on using the Geax Argo with Stan's on a Crossmax SL rim and just want to know if there are any issues. Stan's website doesn't have it specifically listed as either compatible or not compatible.

So please state experiences with ease of inflation, air holding properties, sidewall strength, bead stretch or blowing off.

Thanks, John.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for that. Good to know there are no blowoff problems, that's the main thing.

I know about the new GEAX TNT tyres but they aren't available in OZ yet and they don't come in the argo pattern. I'll be using them in the mezcal pattern for summer but we're getting into muddy season now and so mezcal's just won't suffice. I may however try the Barro marathon's.

Cya, John.

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,100 Posts
I've had two Geax Sedona tires blow off my rims when using Stans. Both blowoffs happened in my kitchen and they both were brand new tires that never had the chance to see dirt. Beads broke on both.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
were you guys running them on standard rims with a rimstrip or on a dedicated UST rim like crossmax? would they sit better on a UST rim or does the rimstrip make them even less prone to burping/blowoffs, ie. would I be in more danger of blowoff without the rimstrip?

Thanks, John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.