Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
im going to be heading to whistler for the first time during the last week of june.

i have a flight into Vancouver Intl.(YVR) and an airbnb booked next to the village park.

so far im not planning on renting a car or bringing my bike.

1) whats the best way to get from Vancouver Intl.(YVR) to whistler bike park without having to rent a car? i heard there was a shuttle.

2) any recommendations for bike shops to rent a DH bike? preferably a shop that also has rental full-face helmet and body armor

·
Registered
508 Posts
1. There is quite a few shuttle companies, Whistlershuttle.com is the most straightforward as they'll do airport direct to hotel, some others are airport to a bus stop in Whistler or leave from downtown Vancouver. I think they do take bikes, probably extra fee.

2. There's tons of shops, all similar prices and they all rent helmets and padding, really depends what bike you want I suppose

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you're gonna be there for a full week I'd highly recommend bringing your personal bike (sig suggests an sb6c?) and get after some of the non lift access trails. Riding the park for a week straight if you're not used to it can be a bit much. Plus, the best trails in whistler aren't lift access. And everything in Whis is pretty close, having your own bike to get around on rather than a DH bike will be handy.

If I was going for my first time, I'd plan for 3 days of park laps (with at least one day between each) and then just chill 2 hour rides hitting valley trails all the other days.

To answer your question though, tons of rentals. Personally I'd go to coastal culture to link up with a V10 (but thats because I ride and love my v10). You'll be there early enough that none of the rental bikes should be too clapped out yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts