Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be heading to Chicago in mid May and was wondering if anybody had recommendations on were to rent a decent bike as well as were to ride?

I will be staying downtown but will have a rental car.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bull Frog lake in Palos Hills

If you're looking for some decent singletrack this is the #1 recommended place near Chicago, bull frog lake in palos (3 ravines). As for directions on how to get there it's located very close to the intersection of 95th Street and Archer Ave.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey there, thought I'd drop in and ask a few Q's......

A friend and I were talking today about possibly moving to Chicago this summer and we are both into MTBing. We're from Colorado.....so my question is what is the riding like out that way. Is it mainly XC, is there any type of tech trails or FR type stuff? I have a Bullit and my friend has an AC (he has a hardtail too)....would these be too much for the trails or not a problem?

Cheers!
-J

·
Registered
34 Posts
a little of both...

j2fresh said:
Hey there, thought I'd drop in and ask a few Q's......

A friend and I were talking today about possibly moving to Chicago this summer and we are both into MTBing. We're from Colorado.....so my question is what is the riding like out that way. Is it mainly XC, is there any type of tech trails or FR type stuff? I have a Bullit and my friend has an AC (he has a hardtail too)....would these be too much for the trails or not a problem?

Cheers!
-J
Palos is where I ride... mostly xc riding, no northshore type of stuff. There is a MTB Park in one of the subarbs of Chicago (Joliet) that has Northshore like riding. Here is the link...

http://www.challengepark.com/mt.asp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.