Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
That depends:

Technically, I think CB is easier.
Endurance wise, I think CB is harder (a lot more pedaling)
Length wise, CB is easier/shorter.
You're being pretty generous with CB, aren't you? CB is a cake walk compared to every other race course in my opinion. Certainly compared to Keystone. Of course, it's also the only one I've managed to take myself out on during practice too. Go figure. Still a fun course to ride/race. I don't know if I like the course better with the reroute.

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
DWF said:
You're being pretty generous with CB, aren't you? CB is a cake walk compared to every other race course in my opinion. Certainly compared to Keystone. Of course, it's also the only one I've managed to take myself out on during practice too. Go figure. Still a fun course to ride/race. I don't know if I like the course better with the reroute.
Assessment: Agreed. Sort of. Crested Butte is most certainly easy to ride, but I think very difficult to ride fast. LOTS of pedaling and LOTS of cornering equals a different kind of difficult, with none of it being technically difficult at all. I really liked the road gap feature, I've been thinking for years that something like that would make that cat track crossing much safer, as well as more fun. I like being right.

As for the 'reroute' I couldn't agree with you more: I don't know if it's better or not. It's just different, really. Not really better but certainly no worse. I think the 'old' route had a nastier climb in it, but it was a shorter climb, and you got to do the fun off-camber rocky sketchy dusty cornery thing which was pretty cool.

Hrrrm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.