Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
FuelFan90 said:
are the swingarm plates beefier?
They sure look like it. It also looks like they may have strengthed the junction at the seat tube and top tube as well. I'd really like to see the rear swingarm on it. I've thought they always looked tiny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2005 Trek 6500

Just picked it up a few days ago and will post some close-up shots soon. I was surprised to see a "made in china" sticker on it. Especially because the 6700 supposedly uses the same frame, but is made right here in the U.S :confused:
The bike seem a little heavy for an SLR, but I guess the extra weight is due to the wheels.

Does anyone know if the frame is the same in both the 6500 and the 6700?

Other than that, haven't had the time to beat on it yet.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
6500 questions

So Have you had a chance yet? My LBS sent me an email that they have the 6500 disc in stock. I was waiting for the '05 Tassaraja Disc but that isn't scheduled to be available until late November.

Does anyone have a link to the 6500, I was on the Trek site but couldn't find anything. What are the major components (fork, derailiurs, brakes)? Apples to apples is the Tassajara disc & the 6500 disc comprible?

·
Registered
91 Posts
spaz06 said:

So Have you had a chance yet? My LBS sent me an email that they have the 6500 disc in stock. I was waiting for the '05 Tassaraja Disc but that isn't scheduled to be available until late November.

Does anyone have a link to the 6500, I was on the Trek site but couldn't find anything. What are the major components (fork, derailiurs, brakes)? Apples to apples is the Tassajara disc & the 6500 disc comprible?
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/index_preview.jsp

·
Registered
8 Posts
spaz06 said:

Yeah actually I did, and so far I'm lovin it. I think you get a little better fork (Axel elite) with the Tassajara instead of the Axel comp with the 6500. Other than that not much difference. It just depends on your preference (Mines turned out to be Trek!)

·
Registered
685 Posts
spaz06 said:

It has a Mantiou Axel Elite TPC 80mm on it, Shimano Deore rear deraileur, Shimano Alivio front deraileur, and tektro brakes(don't have a model name, just replace them).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.