Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to the trails from north central VT this weekend. Anyone have any pics to get me psyched?

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Severum and I will be there this weekend as well. So won't eckoostick if his evil boss let's him go.

·
skiing/biking is life....
123 Posts
I have made the trek up in the Kingdom for the past 2 weekends, and the trails have been GREAT!! All I gotta say is that you HAVE to hit Sidewinder!! It's absolutly amazing/fast/fun/scary as hell all at the same time!

Most of my pics came out like crap though, but here they are:

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v466/djspookman/2006/7-14-16-06-KTA-Guys%20Weekend/

The trails have almost dried out completly from the rain they had last Wednesday so there's almost no mud anywhere and everything is in its usual superbuff condition!

Enjoy!

Dave

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Okay, do not run into those trees. Damn, punji tree after punji tree! Looks great. I will be up there soon enough myself.

·
skiing/biking is life....
123 Posts
indyfab25 said:
Okay, do not run into those trees. Damn, punji tree after punji tree! Looks great. I will be up there soon enough myself.
You'd have to try really hard to hit those though.. The trail is really nice right there-super packed in, small bermed corners..(Webs and Old Webs) Now Dead Moose Alley and J-bar on the other hand... I "found" 2 trees on those trails. They didn't budge!

dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

nice photos. thanks. really looking forward to getting up there. most of our riding is spent in Morrisville/Waterbury/Stowe. So psyched to check out some new terrain.

We have a group of about 6-7 people going up. Camping at Oregon Brook Campground in Sheffield. Should be good.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man I had my heart set on getting up to KT this weekend but the potential washout kept me home. With my luck it was probably great conditions wasn't it ? :madman: Oh well I'll get there soon enough.

Someone mentioned some trails around Barre to me earlier. Supposedly exposed granite on much of the trails so no real mud issues. Anyone familliar with them? PM me if it's on the QT

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
HJB said:
Man I had my heart set on getting up to KT this weekend but the potential washout kept me home. With my luck it was probably great conditions wasn't it ? :madman: Oh well I'll get there soon enough.

Someone mentioned some trails around Barre to me earlier. Supposedly exposed granite on much of the trails so no real mud issues. Anyone familiar with them? PM me if it's on the QT
Went up this past weekend. Friday we rode the mtnside after a short rain burst and it was a little slick in a few spots but overall perfect.
Woke up the next morning and hit the darling hill side. Got in 17-18 miles before the rain hit. Was pretty much a wash out from that point. Rained all night and on and off the next morning. All I have to say about the weekend is Sidewinder.....OMG!! :madmax: :madmax: :madmax:

The trails in Barre are at Milstone. They are cool trails. I wasn't as blown away by them as others seem to be. I had a good time in there for sure, but just not to the point that I can't wait to head back.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Locotiki said:
Went up this past weekend. Friday we rode the mtnside after a short rain burst and it was a little slick in a few spots but overall perfect.
Woke up the next morning and hit the darling hill side. Got in 17-18 miles before the rain hit. Was pretty much a wash out from that point. Rained all night and on and off the next morning. All I have to say about the weekend is Sidewinder.....OMG!! :madmax: :madmax: :madmax:

The trails in Barre are at Milstone. They are cool trails. I wasn't as blown away by them as others seem to be. I had a good time in there for sure, but just not to the point that I can't wait to head back.
Would you please stop cursing threads to thier deaths.

Sidewinder is the deal! Bring a spare diaper.

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
What can I say? It's a gift.
When I get sick of a thread I put my stamp on it and make it go away.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My wife and I hit KT this weekend and got in a nice 18 miles Saturday before raindelay.
Sidewinder has replaced Webs as one my KT favorites. Webs, Sidewinder, and Old Webs are in that nice corner. The only dues to pay are the climbout to Sidewinder and the short/steep one back to the bottom of Old Webs once you're done.

It's soooo worth it! I started out at the top after passing the double diamond trail sign thinking "what's this, anyway..I don't see anything difficult around.."
The difficulty really lies in not soiling one's chamois while laughing with glee further down the trail!

SW isn't on the maps yet-just climb Hogback to the top and look out for the Sidewinder sign. Extreme KT pleasure is moments ahead!

Severum said:
Would you please stop cursing threads to thier deaths.

Sidewinder is the deal! Bring a spare diaper.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Adman said:
My wife and I hit KT this weekend and got in a nice 18 miles Saturday before raindelay.
Sidewinder has replaced Webs as one my KT favorites. Webs, Sidewinder, and Old Webs are in that nice corner. The only dues to pay are the climbout to Sidewinder and the short/steep one back to the bottom of Old Webs once you're done.

It's soooo worth it! I started out at the top after passing the double diamond trail sign thinking "what's this, anyway..I don't see anything difficult around.."
The difficulty really lies in not soiling one's chamois while laughing with glee further down the trail!

SW isn't on the maps yet-just climb Hogback to the top and look out for the Sidewinder sign. Extreme KT pleasure is moments ahead!
Kinda funny that we're comparing a new, double black diamond with trails that aren't rated at the same level of difficulty. I loved SW, but found some of the spots at the bottoms of the "pipes" a bit harsh but bearable.

Btw, according to some older dudes who claimed to be the ones who cut SW (and I believe them based on several points), the best way to ride out after SW is to go to the right and come back out Hogs Back (or whatever that trail is named - Hog something...) A longer route, but easier climbs.

Just my 2 cents...

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Ouchies said:
Btw, according to some older dudes who claimed to be the ones who cut SW (and I believe them based on several points), the best way to ride out after SW is to go to the right and come back out Hogs Back (or whatever that trail is named - Hog something...) A longer route, but easier climbs.
I would agree with that. This was the first time I've climbed out on Hog Back up to Sidewinder, that climb on Hog Back is much easier than West Branch. The only thing is that you are climbing the same trail twice vs. climbing each once.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts