Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of good local bike shops in the Phoenix Arizona area that are skilled and adept in servicing one of these forks (Fox F100X)?? I'm in need of an oil change soon and I wanted to upgrade to Enduro seals. The service manual on line for enduro seals is too intimadting for me to take on and I don't have many of the tools necessary.

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
jennytalia said:
Anyone know of good local bike shops in the Phoenix Arizona area that are skilled and adept in servicing one of these forks (Fox F100X)?? I'm in need of an oil change soon and I wanted to upgrade to Enduro seals. The service manual on line for enduro seals is too intimadting for me to take on and I don't have many of the tools necessary.
Do it yourself. I tore apart both my F80X and F100X to install the Enduros...no probs. I can email you a Word doc I created for the procedure, if you'd like. Yes, it can be a little scary/intimidating at first, but once you read through them and go through it, it's not bad.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1speed_Mike said:
Do it yourself. I tore apart both my F80X and F100X to install the Enduros...no probs. I can email you a Word doc I created for the procedure, if you'd like. Yes, it can be a little scary/intimidating at first, but once you read through them and go through it, it's not bad.
1sM--I would be grateful if you could send me that word doc. My e-mail is:
[email protected]. Your avatar has a slightly familiar appearance--is that a Seven, IF or PISSOFF frame?? Thanks, j

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1sM--sorry for the double post but I see you have had a lot of experience with Fox terralogic frontends. I've had mine for about 1.5 mo and it's on a SS. I ride in Phoenix where much of the singletrack is quite rocky and loose and my experimenting with various settings as far as how compliant/active the terralogic valve is and rebound. I may be trying to obtain an unreachable level of performance (I have a converted SS with a 80 mm Marz). but I would like to simulate the smoothness I have on my other bike. This brings up the question of a PUSH makeover for the F100X. I have used search on this board for reviews on PUSHing this fork but got no info. Have U had any experience with PUSH for the terralogic?? Thanks, j.

·
sadly, like the element
400 Posts
I think all Push can do to an F100x is just rebuild it (new oil, seals). Their website mentions no mods for it. The F100x is a sacrifice over a conventional fork with an external lockout and you just have to accept that it's not going to be the same. With that said, I love my F100x. It's so much better than the Skareb Comp I came from.

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
jennytalia said:
1sM--I would be grateful if you could send me that word doc. My e-mail is:
[email protected]. Your avatar has a slightly familiar appearance--is that a Seven, IF or PISSOFF frame?? Thanks, j
You've got mail.

It's a Seven Ti SS with EBB. The first production EBB SS frame from Seven ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.