Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Hello. I am new here.

I have been riding a 06 Giant Rainier. I am considering the GT Peace 9r Multi. Anybody have personal experience?

Thanks

Jay

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
What type of info you looking for?

Been riding mine since May. Been great and better then I expected.

A few minor little niggles with parts but that is more personal preference. The only major issue I had was the rear wheel kept blowing spokes. Thankfully was working in a bike shop all summer so costs where nil.

I believe the 09's are speced the same as the 08. The only change I think is it's not running Exiwolf's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am just looking for personal experience.
If you bought the bike are you glad or sad?
If you have rode the bike, did it impress or depress?
Rigid Fork, Yea or Nay?
Would you pay $900 for it if you were being offered $350 on your 06 Giant Rainier?

Stuff like that.
Thanks again.
Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where did they come up with $900 when MSRP is only $799? I got my Peace 9R Multi on Saturday from Performance for about $550 shipped to my house. I'd buy from somewhere else and sell your Rainier on your own. Sounds like they jacked up the price of the Peace by the amount that they were going to give you for your bike.

I only got to cruise around the neighborhood to make sure everything was setup right, but so far so good. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in the dirt towards the end of the week and give an update.

·
you do this at my size
198 Posts
I got one for my wife this Christmas, she loves it. I made it 1x9, solid frame, components are ok, not top, but not bottom either. For $500-$600 it's a good way to get into a geared 29er.

·
Registered
525 Posts
There are some changes between the 09's and previous years. I think the 09 frame is made from lighter "name brand" tubing. I know the MSRP went up as well.

I picked up a brand new 08 leftover from a shop on ebay in Nov. for $400 shipped. I was considering Performance too.

I've only gotten one 15 mi ride in on it before the weather hit here, but it was fun. Definitely a difference from a 26" FS bike. Not sure how long the rigid fork will last, but from from what I've seen of 29'er fork pricing it might be awhile. Can't see spending almost as much on a fork as I did on the whole bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.