Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i recently purchased an Orbea Scape (26") which is essentially a 29er, but shorter of course. i did a search and found tons of articles about the 29er from this forum and have read some pretty positive reviews. because the Scape is such a rare frame (very few reviews/opinions) i thought id ask in here about the strength/capabilities of the 29er...
my bike isnt even fully built yet and im already having nightmares of the downtube folding over on me. the frame quality is superb, but the tubing is just soooo thin. i weigh about 180lb w/ gear and ride my current HT aggressive at times, but i certainly dont abuse it. god didnt bless me with great lungs or legs, but i got a good dose of finesse. i ride primarily in northern NJ which is quite technical and rocky so finesse or no finesse bikes around here take a beating.

because of the 29" wheels im certain that your bikes are putting more strain on the frames due to increased leverage so if your 29ers are holding up fine then it may help to ease my concerns...

gimme some more of your thoughts!:thumbsup:

·
Student of the Bike
810 Posts
My mtn bike teamis sponsored by Orbea. It is my understanding that the bikes are really not the same just different size...rather the Scape is made outa Scandium and the 29er is 7000 series aluminum.

That being said I know quite a few people who've ridden both (vary hard) and they've proven to be good bikes. Enjoy. -CBaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.