Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Yup

I wouldn't switch out the RP23, as I feel it is the best shock out there. The Pro-pedal function works better (for me) than anything I've tried.

Up front I love the SID. The new one is basically a lightened up REBA with much better damping (I have the team with the blackbox) and smoother action. I have owned F100's before, and I always felt like the seals had a tendency to grab the stantions, and I always ended up replacing the seals due to leaks in no time. That being said, I felt like the 08 Fox was much smoother than my REBA. The New SID combines the smoothness of the newer Fox forks, with the features, durability, and lockout of the REBA in a lighter package. My RS forks (REBA, RVL, SID) have thousands of miles without ever having an issue.

Attachments

·
fart knocker
103 Posts
sid wc here..... i switch between pushed f100rlc and the sid. i like to set the sid up soft and use the lockout for climbs. ride is smoother and climbing out of the saddle is better. the f100 does have the advantage of less user input during the ride, but with the compromise of slightly more bob and firmer ride... and it weights a touch more

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.