Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Six months on a 11 WC boxxer, it is a wonderful fork. It is a bit smoother than the '10 WC, but I loved the '10 as well.
I have ridden the WCs back to back with the new 40s and 888 evos, I'll take the Boxxer WC every time.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
clockwork said:
another month ....so hows it going? What kind of settings you running?
Still loving the fork, and it is getting more time on it than I expected. Most of my runs have been on Holbert, some on Geronimo.

Currently, I am running 55psi, 2 clicks of HSC, 1 click of LSC, 11 clicks of ESR, and 10 clicks of BSR, 0 turns of BO. These settings are very close to the SRAM recommendations. I prefer a slightly slower rebound. I have reset all settings to factory spec for this weekend for comparison.

The fork destroys the square edge hits we have, and eats up Holbert like nothing I have ever experienced. And at 5.8lbs cut, weight is not an unreal. The air spring is perfect. It is nice to be able to add or drop 1-2 psi to find that exact spring rate you are looking for. The air spring is very linear, yet ramps nicely. I have yet to use all the travel.

I will be hitting NRA next week as I have yet to jump with it to see how it will hold. I suspect it will be trouble free.

·
dirt visionary
6,516 Posts
Nice I get mine monday.Can't wait. Never ridden a boxxer for more than 10 min. Always been on my 888rc2x and 08 40. Doubt I will ride anything as good as the rc2x was but hoping to get closer than the 40 was.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MIne is 2010 world cup,

I re-oil and re-lube everything before installation.

It absorbs square edges very nicely, no kick back.

It absorbs 30 cm drop ( slow jump from high curb at my neighbor's garden ) very well too,..... about 80pct shock travel used.

Riding over rough roads still feel bumpy on the handlebar, well..... I guess its normal for air spring ..... I can live with that.

btw , how many milimeter do you guys have left in your boxxer ? ....... my boxxer has 192mm left on the stanchion, not the advertised 200mm.

·
dirt visionary
6,516 Posts
Okay first Impressions are very very good. My rebound setting was factory set,running 50psi, 1/2 turn BO, 1 click ,low speed 2 clicks high speed. Anyways I was running a 08 40rc2 prior and imediately I could feel a difference. After my first test run I was grinning ear to ear. It ALMOST felt like my old works888rc2x. I felt less feedback on my hands, it tracked amazingly, blazed thru loose small choppy stuff and took them nice trail rock drops like a sponge. Can't wait to break it in and fully dial it in . So far I was using 7" regularly so a lil less pressure and a bit of high and low speed it should be a sweet point for PHX Shutttle trails. Oh and stiction seemed less than my 40 also

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
clockwork said:
Okay first Impressions are very very good. My rebound setting was factory set,running 50psi, 1/2 turn BO, 1 click ,low speed 2 clicks high speed. Anyways I was running a 08 40rc2 prior and imediately I could feel a difference. After my first test run I was grinning ear to ear. It ALMOST felt like my old works888rc2x. I felt less feedback on my hands, it tracked amazingly, blazed thru loose small choppy stuff and took them nice trail rock drops like a sponge. Can't wait to break it in and fully dial it in . So far I was using 7" regularly so a lil less pressure and a bit of high and low speed it should be a sweet point for PHX Shutttle trails. Oh and stiction seemed less than my 40 also
Glad to hear you are liking it. I am digging mine more and more. The ability to change the air spring is huge IMO. No more having to work around springs.

I would suggest dialing back the BO all the way. The air spring seems to have plenty of ramp without it. We hit NRA today for the first time in 9 months and the WC was amazing. It soaked everything up, and saving a pound of weight on the front makes a huge difference. Making the bike change directions was much easier.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine seems to dip hard and use almost all the travel in some corners. Im running about 60psi about half or a little less lsc and a few clicks of hsc no bo

anyone else having this prob. the fork rides super smooth and i love it but its almost sent me otb once or twice outta berms

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
huntandride said:
Mine seems to dip hard and use almost all the travel in some corners. Im running about 60psi about half or a little less lsc and a few clicks of hsc no bo

anyone else having this prob. the fork rides super smooth and i love it but its almost sent me otb once or twice outta berms
I have no diving issues. Cornering issues are LSC events, so add some LSC and see if that helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.