Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These look good.

Was curious about a verified weight. Fox says 3.9lbs.

Any info would be appreciated.

I'm looking for another lemming to follow. Even though lemmings don't really follow each other off cliffs.........but I might follow you off a cliff..........if there's a good landing.

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
The color of my new pushed 140mm '07 float nicely sets off my couch in photography sessions, but the 4.0 lb weight makes it hard to lift into new poses.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
I posed the new Vanilla 140 in the Cascade Cream Puff 100-mile race. I loved it. Stiffer than the old version, same great action. Sits the Spot up in the front exactly where I want it. A bit higher than the old Fox (a bit too racy for me) and a bit lower than the Marz AM1 (too tall for good climbing and tight single track turning).

Currently chasing a spring rattle. For some reason, none of the three springs that Fox supplied had the little sections of shrink wrapping. Locally available stuff turned out to be to thick. Will have to call Fox and beg for their custom stuff, I guess.

No other complaints whatsoever (OK, if pushed, I'd take a "half lockout" setting).

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
I know this fox is different, but I have the 07 fox f100x and I love the thing so far. It is very light, and plush, but it is still breaking in. I will post some pictures of it sometime.
Dave

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RWGreen said:
The color of my new pushed 140mm '07 float nicely sets off my couch in photography sessions,
FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

Allright bling. You put a single crown fork on a dhr. You have exactly 7 days to come up with a pic of you doing an x-up with it. Clock starts now.

Thanks for the help guys. According to hammerhead bikes, it looks like the published weights are accurate.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Not my bike and the fork was just a demo from SRAM during a MTB event in france.

First impresssions are that the fork is supa dupa stiff...even too stiff for DH according too some. Small bump compliance is just as perfect as a Pike. Everyone I met was really enthusiastic about it. But the Lyric was the one with the best buzz. The only reason why it's on the DHR was because none with the 1 1/8 steerer was available.

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I got a Fox32 F100RLC and the CLAIMED weight is 3.49, well mine weighed in at 3.83 with an uncut steerer tube on a digital shop scale

1 - 12 of 12 Posts