Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Wallowa and Enterprise? I've heard there's some great stuff there, and might add it to my next Hood River trip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Gnarlygig said:
...Wallowa and Enterprise? I've heard there's some great stuff there, and might add it to my next Hood River trip.
Enterprise is 200+ miles away from Hoor River. I'm thinking it might be it's own trip.

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeh, I know it is, but when you have to leave and come back through the thick traffic around Seattle, anything else by comparison is a breeze to drive. I've always felt the traffic on I-84 flows at a pretty good pace, and for some reason every time I turn off 84 onto 35, I feel like there's something farther east to be explored.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Eastern Oregon

Gnarlygig said:
Yeh, I know it is, but when you have to leave and come back through the thick traffic around Seattle, anything else by comparison is a breeze to drive. I've always felt the traffic on I-84 flows at a pretty good pace, and for some reason every time I turn of 84 onto 35, I feel like there's something farther east to be explored.
Most of Oregon is east of Hood River, contrary to what the Portland news stations think. There's lots of great riding on the east side of the state, and the Enterprise/Wallowa area is spectacular. Stop in Lagrande and find a bike shop for trail info, but the Imnaha River area has some good trails that are in the guidebooks, and there are also some near Joseph and Lostine. Much of the area is in the Eagle Cap Wilderness, so you might check with the Forest Service Ranger Stations in the area. There's also some great riding near Baker City in the Elkhorns. Pack a lunch.

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've seen excellent pics of the area after someone told me about it.

useyourdagger said:
Most of Oregon is east of Hood River, contrary to what the Portland news stations think. There's lots of great riding on the east side of the state, and the Enterprise/Wallowa area is spectacular. Stop in Lagrande and find a bike shop for trail info, but the Imnaha River area has some good trails that are in the guidebooks, and there are also some near Joseph and Lostine. Much of the area is in the Eagle Cap Wilderness, so you might check with the Forest Service Ranger Stations in the area. There's also some great riding near Baker City in the Elkhorns. Pack a lunch.
I did see the Eagle Cap wilderness bounderies on the map, but there are many Nat Forest areas too that must have some trails, looks like good stuff.

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, I like to hit Gunsight Ridge in Hood River as soon as the snow melts,...

Haack74 said:
No, but if it's good and you find it please post!
...which is usually sometime in June. I may add Wallowa/Enterprise to that trip, but first I have to get the HH I've ordered which I'm hoping will be ready sometime in April. If all goes well, I may have a digital cam by then too.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wallowa Lake

I'm going to be spending a week in the Wallowas this summer and would appreciate any trail info anyone wants to share about the area. Does any one know good sources for trail knowledge for this area.

Jolly

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the Wallowas. I thought about contacting one of the main...

jollybeggar said:
I'm going to be spending a week in the Wallowas this summer and would appreciate any trail info anyone wants to share about the area. Does any one know good sources for trail knowledge for this area.

Jolly
...ranger stations for that area, and possibly order a trail map if they have any, to plan ahead. They will likely be able to give info on areas prone to trail blockage and dangerous wildlife as well. You could do a Google search on Wallowa National Forest and probably hit a website with ranger station and trail/map info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts