Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
You can get their E0376 knockblock lockring spacer that tightens around the steerer and use any 1 1/8" stem. It's 10mm thick so if you're using 10mm or more of spacers now, you should be good.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Googled it but no luck, any work on the price of the Locking spacer?

Be nice of some manufacturers modified their stems to work, I'd take a Renthal Knock Block model in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
576 Posts
For what it's worth I bought a Bontrager Line Pro 50mm length stem to go on my 2017 fuel, it costs about the same as any other lightweight, brand name stem, and it is such a nice looking and well made piece of kit that I'm glad I went that route.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought the lock ring spacer only because I wanted to use my Diety Cavity 50mm stem. The clamp doesn't hold vey tight so any decent bump on the knock block makes it slip some. I'm going to get my stem machined to work with the knock block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
also an issue for me, was going to go down the machining route, am worried that the may not be enough material in the renthal stem to be able to carve out, could modify the spacer to protrude less a the same time I suppose. Would be great if there was an off the shelf option. Love my Renthal bars don't want to change them.

·
SS in CO
632 Posts
plenty of thickness on my stem. in fact, the place where the notches fit wasn't even half the width of the metal. so if Bontrager can run their stems with that little cut out, I'm sure I'll be fine.

don't get me wrong, as soon as I can get my hands on a knock block stem that is 35-40mm in length, I will. but this works for now.

J.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.