Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are going to be in the Old Forge area north of Utica around the end of July and are wondering if there are any nice trails around there to ride? If there are we will bring our bikes with us, its a long drive and only worth bringing them if there is some really nice riding around there. I know there is some awesome hiking trails but Ive never looked for mtb trails when there before.

Can anyone point me to some great rides? Or where I can find more information about the area?

Thanks much for any help, would love to find some awesome trails while there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow no one knows if there are any good trails around old forge? How about around utica itself? Or anywhere around that area that is withing driving range of an hour or so.

I know there are tons of snow mobile trails up there. How about if there is a bike shop up there that would know? Anyone know a bike shop around there?

Thanks.

Ill be driving like 16 hours to get there, and if its not worth bringing the bikes Im not gonna haul them that far, so I would love to know before hand.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Zeeke,

So did you find good trails?
I am thinking of going up to Inlet in October and would love to ride some good trails.

Thanks.

Scubapiper said:
I haven't ridden there for a number of years, but yes there is great ridding in the area. Contact the bike shop below, they have treated me well in the past and had good advice on trails.

http://pedalsandpetals.com/index.cfm

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hey guys. According to one of the local shops there are some good trails in Inlet which is just north of Old Forge on route 28. I actually went to ride there this spring but they had some event going on and the park was mobbed so I didn't get a chance to ride it. These trails are supposedly some of the best in the area. Near McCauley mountain there are some trails as well as some trails by Nick's Lake and the McKeever area. Talk to one of the local shops the only one I know is the one just south of Old Forge on route 28 south. There is a bike shop and a kayak/rafting shop just nextdoor. They gave me the best info and I had a good time on the trails I have ridden.

Ryan H.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't been on them, but my friend just did some research...
He's got a camp near Inlet and stopped into the pedalsaandpetals shop last weekend. they gave him a map and mentioned that a few of the writers/editors from Bike magazine make a point to ride these trails whenever they're around the area. Supposed to be Tech. singletrack...I'm looking forward to it
Just watch out for wet roots across the trail. I impailed myself last year on a diff. trail while crossing some big off-camber roots over a rock. Sent me flying about eight feet and came to rest my "lovehandle" area on a big rock. First time I saw white body fat inside-out!

·
Registered
891 Posts
cmorris said:
I haven't been on them, but my friend just did some research...
He's got a camp near Inlet and stopped into the pedalsaandpetals shop last weekend. they gave him a map and mentioned that a few of the writers/editors from Bike magazine make a point to ride these trails whenever they're around the area. Supposed to be Tech. singletrack...I'm looking forward to it
Just watch out for wet roots across the trail. I impailed myself last year on a diff. trail while crossing some big off-camber roots over a rock. Sent me flying about eight feet and came to rest my "lovehandle" area on a big rock. First time I saw white body fat inside-out!
Dood! He went in July!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep its the trails in Inlet you want to ride. I also rode some south of old forge that another bike shop recomended and they were soso, they were more cross country ski trails but they were ok, so big hills but fun.

The ones in inlet are right by the bike shop, on the right as you go into inlet. Inlet is about 20m past old forge just keep going up the highway. I forget the name of the trails themselves but its a bike park.

There are also some other trails in inlet past the bike shop but we didnt get a chance to ride them.

As far as we found, there is nothing really in old forge or right around it. But hey Inlet is still just right there and worth driving too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.