Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is it play time yet?
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
~martini~ said:
Head over to the Salsa cycles blog. Jason goes over it all there.
Maybe this is old news here.

Werd:

"Dos Niner: The Dos was new in 2005 and for 2006, we made a bunch of updates. We've increased both the stand over & the tire clearance and ever so slightly tweaked our geometry. These frames are currently built waiting paint, decals and finish work. Due to the holidays, these should ship close to Christmas and arrive late January and go for sale in February assuming they pass our QC. For those waiting, just and FYI. Our first shipment is almost sold out and our authorized dealers will be getting their frames before non stocking dealers."

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'll add a bit to this

erik99 said:
Maybe this is old news here.

Werd:

"Dos Niner: The Dos was new in 2005 and for 2006, we made a bunch of updates. We've increased both the stand over & the tire clearance and ever so slightly tweaked our geometry. These frames are currently built waiting paint, decals and finish work. Due to the holidays, these should ship close to Christmas and arrive late January and go for sale in February assuming they pass our QC. For those waiting, just an FYI. Our first shipment is almost sold out and our authorized dealers will be getting their frames before non stocking dealers."
Frames are completed now and being boxxed. I hope that they ship before X-mas. It'll be 4-5 weeks because of X-mas followed by at least a week of QC. That puts us right to the very end of January. If this changes, I'll let folks know.

As I mentioned on our blog, our first order is almost fully booked. We only have one real availability issue. Our shipment of small (16") models will entirely go to our authorized dealers. If you want a 16", check our website for your nearest authorized dealer and contact them first

We've got a large order due 3 weeks later and stock and production should be great throughout the season.

Just for comparison sakes, we booked an additional production run this year based on growth of the 29er market. That is a good indication of where the 29er market is going.

Jason

·
Is it play time yet?
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the update!

Any clue on when, er, unauthorized dealers could get their hands on one? Are there any online retailers due to get a piece of the first lot?

Also, Santa, if yr listening, I have been awful good this year.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
shiggy said:
Somebody has to say this so...

If there is any poop on the Dos Niners I am sure the Salsa QC team will clean it off and sterilize the frames.
I would hope so, especially if it's chicken, duck or goose poop. Wouldn't want to spread that nasty avian flu any further or to any one who would rather be out riding! ;)

Happy Holidays!
-Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts