Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I got into the sport with a friend, my buddy moves to B.C. cuz of job opportunites lol. So I'm kinda of left out and riding solo kinda of sucks. Anybody in ssauga organize group rides?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I'm sure some other's might have other resources to add, but just post up here ..... kinda like you are now. ;) There's a few guys I now in your neck of the woods.

Maybe while you're at it it would help to add info like what type of riding you like to do (DH-ing at Albion ..... no, not really), wether or not you have a car, time frame through the week you can go out and play. Maybe even if you've not been to a particular place and are looking for a "tour guide".

p.s. - sorry to hear about loosing a riding buddy. :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andrewto - well given that i'm a relative newbie (a yr of riding) i'd probably say probably more XCing than anything else, yes i do have a car and pretty much I can ride only the weekends. I'm starting to get into road cycling too whenever the bike show kicks up...

Charlie - yeah tell me about it but I ain't no free rider or DH'ler lol.

what really blows was that in a yr or so i was hoping to build my own custom full suspension bike with him but now i don't even have the tools lol.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
-=phelan=- said:
andrewto - well given that i'm a relative newbie (a yr of riding) i'd probably say probably more XCing than anything else, yes i do have a car and pretty much I can ride only the weekends. I'm starting to get into road cycling too whenever the bike show kicks up...

Charlie - yeah tell me about it but I ain't no free rider or DH'ler lol.

what really blows was that in a yr or so i was hoping to build my own custom full suspension bike with him but now i don't even have the tools lol.
There are "sane" trails out in B.C., eh?!?! :)

Road? ROAD? Well, I WAS going to ..... nevermind ..... roadie! :mad:

Nah, i'm just screwin' with ya'. :p :D Bikes is bikes. :thumbsup:

Let me know if you need a hand with bike repairs or need tools or anything. I can help, or at least try (it's not like I have every tool out there).

You ever been to Albion Hills, phelan?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i know what you mean...mtbing is the darkside of biking haha.

Yeah I think i probably will need a hand with bike repairs when the spring season kicks in. Currently my stumpy HT is hooked up to the trainer for the winter so just doing basic chain lubing pretty much on it.

And no i haven't been to Albion HIlls. I can barely bunny hop lol so I've been wanting to hit a lighter route like Kelso first before Albion. I hear the Don trail though is pretty challenging at times too.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
-=phelan=- said:
lol i know what you mean...mtbing is the darkside of biking haha.

Yeah I think i probably will need a hand with bike repairs when the spring season kicks in. Currently my stumpy HT is hooked up to the trainer for the winter so just doing basic chain lubing pretty much on it.

And no i haven't been to Albion HIlls. I can barely bunny hop lol so I've been wanting to hit a lighter route like Kelso first before Albion. I hear the Don trail though is pretty challenging at times too.
I guess it depends on who you ask and what they're idea of difficult is, but IMHO, Kelso is not the "lighter route" when compared to Albion. :nono: Lighter than Kolapore, sure, but not Albion.

You don't need to bunny hop to ride well ..... unless you're a trials riders. (trials, not trails)

Let me know if you need a hand. Ridin' or wrenchin', it's all bikes to me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey phelen, myself and a few buddies normally do erindale park on sundays suring the winter. it's deffinatly not the best place in the world to ride but it is a good way to kill off a few hours on a sunday. ill be heading out solo this sunday if you want to tag along. reply if you want to come along. or just swing by Re-My sport in mississauga and ask for Jay and we can set something up. im gonna try and organize a series of night rides in the spring time as well so dont be a stranger.

·
Registered
89 Posts
-=phelan=- said:
Just when I got into the sport with a friend, my buddy moves to B.C. cuz of job opportunites lol. So I'm kinda of left out and riding solo kinda of sucks. Anybody in ssauga organize group rides?
I'm in 'sauga...the guy I normally ride with is up in King City and his work schedule is wacky. It would be nice to find someone local to ride with... :thumbsup:

Where abouts in 'sauga are you? I'm at Miss. Rd & Dundas...across the street from Erindale Park.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude...you guys are pretty close to where I'm at...I'm actually right next to Streetsville lol...Yeah I know where Re-My is, i actually popped in and talked to jean paul was it? a little while ago about buying a few bikes (road mainly) and I do ride around Erindale Park every now and then...maybe I passed by you guys sometime haha.

Yeah we should setup some kinda of group ride, as long as you guys are willing to take along a newbie that still gets chain stain on his leg from time to time hahah!

·
Registered
89 Posts
-=phelan=- said:
Yeah we should setup some kinda of group ride, as long as you guys are willing to take along a newbie that still gets chain stain on his leg from time to time hahah!
Group or not...I'm in! :thumbsup:

I just got back into riding after a long hiatus (couldn't afford a bike while in school), so I'm practically a noob myself...

Grew up riding in Erindale, but I haven't been there consistently in a while so I don't know where, or if there is any, single track along Culham Trail anymore. I remember some gnarly stuff coming down the hill off Credit Woodlands, but probably all grown over and stuff.

Where do you normally ride? I'm good to go anywhere...

If you wanna ride sometime let me know. :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've been staring at my bikes in the basement for two months now. And I'm ready to ride.
I'll even get on my trainer for God's sake after the bike show.

I live at 10 and Eglinton area. My buddy and I usually ride Kelso. About 20 mins from where I am. Occasionally Hilton. And Erindale Park area. And sometimes we do the Don. We are relative Noobs as well, 2nd to 3rd year so if you like give me a shout and we can head out when the weather turns for the better. Bring oxygen for us.

Cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
hmto said:
...Occasionally Hilton...
Went to Hilton this past Sunday and was at the Challenge Park as well (before the snow started). Saw a couple of people out for a ride, but for the most part we were the only ones out.

It was great to get out on the trails and get some fresh air... :thumbsup:

Let me know when everyone is up for a ride and count me in...

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
nspace said:
I have been dying to ride, but crazy busy between work school, and I just got back from the states. Come end of March / April and I will have lots of time to meet up with you all and go for some rides :)
i will tell you where to ride...tell you what let me write about it in my new blog...d'oh...maybe soon...right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.