Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Give it a crank
2,995 Posts
Try Performance Bikes, they carry 26", 27.5", and 29" tubes in various width for both valve types. If you can't find them, try Q-Tubes online.

I've been using tubes since giving up on ghetto tubeless 2 years ago. I only got tubes to work right after the right Slime formula came along a few years ago. The new stuff really works. That's how I roll with tubes, but I roll slower than those endurance maniacs.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Sounds like a great time to go tubeless... Honestly, I don't know how anyone rides out here with tubes.
I have been riding with tubes lately as sort of really getto tubed... I take standard Tubes, pop hole in them and put in 2oz of stans. I then patch the hole and run those. Seems to work reasonably well. I can't take credit for this idea that goes to Raybum.

I buy most tubes on line, but performance has them and so does REI. BTW.. I run 26x2.4 rear tire and have not found any difference between normal 1.9 to 2.1 tubes and 2.3 to 2.5 tubes in these tires.

·
What gear are you running
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Joe, are you running presta or schrader? If presta, you can find tubes that have removable cores so that you can put your stans in that way instead of putting a deliberate hole in the tube.
Presta, but I have supply of tubes laying around so I just re-use those. All of those already have 1 or more patches and I think I have couple clean fresh tubes too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been riding with tubes lately as sort of really getto tubed... I take standard Tubes, pop hole in them and put in 2oz of stans. I then patch the hole and run those. Seems to work reasonably well. I can't take credit for this idea that goes to Raybum.

I buy most tubes on line, but performance has them and so does REI. BTW.. I run 26x2.4 rear tire and have not found any difference between normal 1.9 to 2.1 tubes and 2.3 to 2.5 tubes in these tires.
Landis has those tubes in stock, but you know you dont have to pop a hole in the tube, you kind of defeat the purpose of putting a new tube in that way, you can fill the presta tube with stans without a removable valve core, you unscrew the presta tip and hold the needle from falling into the tube then pour the stans in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.