Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, hoping to find a little feedback on sizing the large frame.
Iam 6'3" 225lbs geared up. Currently running a burly xl heckler, Saint,55,dhx coil ect. I like it alot but iam finding iam getting to much brake jack on the steeps, I stay off the brakes as long as possible but would prefer a more active rear end when it gets hairy.
I ride steep all mountain, lots of rocky fast singletrack with steep bluffs, tight corners ect.
Is the large 6.6 for me?
Cheers!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Large 6.6 should work perfectly for you. I'm 6'2" 220 and ride a large 6.6 with Magura Wotan and Roco Air TST with a burly build. I've ridden Santa Cruz Bullitts, Kona Stinky's, Ironhorse 7points and other burly bikes and this bike definitely has a better "trail" feel to it than the others. Much better climber and more agile with more active suspension. All in all its a much better all around bike and I feel comfortable riding XC or blasting DH. It feels a little "flexy" but a bolt on rear hub helps tremendously. The geometry is a little weird (for me) with a long seat tube and short top tube. I would prefer the new trailbike's geometry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts