Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea of a full coiled La Sal sounds fun. With the air shock it's supposed to be really soft off the top, so would a coil shock add even more sensitivity? The CCDB IL with fox SLS spring wouldn't add much weight. MRP ribbon coil fork up maybe. This would make for a buttery smooth climber and decender. Is the frame linkage very progressive?

·
Jim Dunks
128 Posts
I am running the Ribbon Coil up front. Going to order a Hazzard for the rear I a couple of weeks. I was told by Fezzari that you can run a regular spring on the coil. The bike is already progressive.

The Ribbon Coil rides great and is highly recommended. I am looking forward to the coil in the back!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great news. Fezzari mentioned the hazzard as an option. It is significantly heavier, not the only factor in shock performance, but 400 grams difference is large vs. (ccdb IL with sls spring).

By regular spring do you mean you can run different rear coils other than MRP Hazzard?

Think about an RWC needle bearing kit? more butter

·
Jim Dunks
128 Posts
That's great news. Fezzari mentioned the hazzard as an option. It is significantly heavier, not the only factor in shock performance, but 400 grams difference is large vs. (ccdb IL with sls spring).

By regular spring do you mean you can run different rear coils other than MRP Hazzard?

Think about an RWC needle bearing kit? more butter
Yes any regular spring. I was thinking of the MRP Progressive spring. It is not required for the La Sal. I am going to a little research on the Cane Creak shock. I am not so worried about weight as this bike is not being raced but I guess it all helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. A progressive spring with an already progressive leverage curve might be a recipe for not enough mid-stroke support, but could also mean a super silky top end. Cane Creek is not without it's issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.