Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am looking to buy a full face helmet for my bike park days. Even though. Do like my Bell Super DH, I am not too sure about protecting me with same level as non-convertible full face helmets. The speed can be pretty darn fast at a bike park.

Currently I am looking at Kali or Leatt. Because of the weight, I am particularly looking at Apline and DBX 4.0, but Shiva 2.0 and DBX 5.0 are fine too. I just gotten a DBX 5.0 small but it is too small. Also it seems like the form is shaped for a pinhead. I hope a medium fits.

Any user reviews would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
291 Posts
See my thread a little further down about the Leatt. I had a similar experience with a large. I am pretty much always a large or XL in every other brand- just depends on their sizing scheme. If a 'L/XL' is the top size, I wear that. Otherwise, I'm always one size down, i.e. only XL if a XXL is offered.

I need to get off my ass and return it- if I wasn't so lazy, I'd be able to tell you if stepping up a size actually corrected the fit. :(

Gonna take care of that right now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Both are great helmets!
I believe the leatt is also co-moulded (most brands are glueing or taping the foam to the shell. Kali can fuse the foam to the shell like an open face helmet. This allows us to thin the shell and use softer foam for a wider range of protection)
I have 57.5 cm head pretty average medium oval and I wear a medium alpine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.