Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what you guys think about races or events here in the islands?

Seems to be a lack of and I thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone has an opportunity or ideas???

I've heard of poker runs, theres races, and whats up with fat tire festivals?, i dunno just putting the feelers out there. Runners always have something going. roadies are covered as well on maui. but nothing for mtb's.

Oahu have a winter series coming up again?

Would be a cool way to get mtb'rs together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the 24 hrs of hell on Oahu but 2018 was its last year. No venue to hold an event on Oahu. makawao on maui doesn't really lend itself to a race either. find a venue and people will come race. we all want a race series again.

·
Registered
989 Posts
A good race back in the days was Kaena point mtb timetrial. Would go nicely with the new school gravel bikes. Too bad is all flat.

Otherwise strava is the best bet these days.
It�s primarily an issue of someone willing to put them on. Theyd prob be doing it for love, dont know how much money u could make.
Venue is an issue. Kualoa ranch ended up the most common as its private, easy access, parking, facilities. Terrain wise not my fave.
Kaena pt, ugh. One of my least fave places to ride. I rember race there and coming across finish and collapsing on ground with double leg cramps!
Back in they day Kahuku MX park was the place. Sunset hills would be great terrainwise but access an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.