Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Its awesome

The entire new TREK line is very very exciting (road too). Fuels are divided into 2 groups- Top Fuels and Fuel EX. 2 Top Fuels are offered 110 and 98-both use OCLV 110 shaving a quarter pound off the frame alone. Both are still using Sids and a RS MC3 remote rear that supposedly allows you to make adjustments on the fly via the remote. The 110 still comes with v brakes that look like Avids SD7s. The 98 comes with XT disk. The EXs are 5 inch travel Fuels that look promising. They frame has a different rocker link and some additional reinforcements (brace between the top tube and seat tube like the Spec, epic). They are specd with RS Rebas on the high end.
Hope this helps,
XC
The paint on the top Fuel 110 is sweet, Gray, red, and blue. not like the picture of Rolands @ Sea otter.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fuel EX

Yeah - I think they are Zr9000 and a bit heavier. The rocker link looks to be machined and is very sexy. The Cake claim is a 5" travel bike that pedals like a 3" and the Fuel looks to be 5" xc oriented- probably not nearly as squishy as Cake.
XC

·
2,548 Posts
Acme54321 said:
5 inch fuel? Isn't that basically a liquid?
Yeah, really.....I mean, what is the purpose of 5" of travel on what is a race oriented XC bike - seems like overkill...are they maybe increasing the travel on the Liquids to avoid "overlapping" product line ??? ...guess we'll have to "stay tuned".

·
Registered
272 Posts
The fuel EX is a 4 inch travel bike, not 5, i am pretty sure. the top end ex comes with zr9000 frame with carbon stays, the rest come with full zr9000 frame. The rockshox reba is found on all the ex models.

Session 7 and session 77 come in at 2700 and 3300 with the fork, crankset, and componentry being the difference. Looks nice.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Fuelish said:
uhoh.....perhaps time to stock up on bushings before Trek stops supplying replacements ??? <sigh>
I wouldn't worry about it. With the Trek Lifetime Warranty, Trek will either have a huge supply of busings or they'll have to replace frames. I figure that we're covered either way.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Murchman said:
Any info on the liquid changes other then the top tube change?
Yes, NO MAS Carbon Seat-Stays and also Gone is the Internal Cable routing.....
The rocker arms look nicer/beefier too........

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Yeah........

Blue Shorts said:
I wouldn't worry about it. With the Trek Lifetime Warranty, Trek will either have a huge supply of busings or they'll have to replace frames. I figure that we're covered either way.
........What he said. - Trek takes care of their customers, you shouldn't worry. :)

·
2,548 Posts
Blue Shorts said:
Good point...hopefully my frame will last until they no longer have bushing-pivot frames in stock and will be "upgraded"...hehheh....although, I've had no issues related to the bushings....they're simple, they work, and easy to service/replace :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
my mistake

Sorry- the Fuel EX are 4" bikes. Too much info taken in over the weekend in Waterloo to remember. Got my catalog back from another shop rat and am still so impressed with the entire lineup.
XC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.