Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I am going from V's to disc due to a rim explosion. I ordered up a rear wheel from Mike at Odds and Endo's, nicest guy ever by the way, built a front wheel up myself , now I'm just waiting for the Hope Mono mini's I ordered to be delivered. This is my first disc brake setup, does anyone have any tips for installation or set up tips specific to this brake?

thanks
burger

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
just install and go!

The Hope Mono Minis were the easiest brakes for me to set up yet. I even cut the line to shorten the hose and just reconnected it. Didn't even need to bleed the system after the cut. So far mine have been no fuss no muss.

Good choice in brakes,
KMan

Burger said:
Finally I am going from V's to disc due to a rim explosion. I ordered up a rear wheel from Mike at Odds and Endo's, nicest guy ever by the way, built a front wheel up myself , now I'm just waiting for the Hope Mono mini's I ordered to be delivered. This is my first disc brake setup, does anyone have any tips for installation or set up tips specific to this brake?

thanks
burger

G

·
Face the mounts

both front and back. It's possible to get disc brakes set up properly without this, but why take chances! Trim the front break line right away; Hopes always have too much front break line. When shimming, cennter the caliper, not the pads (remove the pads to make this easier). That's about it, they're fairly easy. Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.