Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problems experienced with the '07 Hi-Fi aluminum frames are well-documented. However, I have not ever seen anything about failures of the Hi-Fi carbon frame.

Anybody ever heard of failures occurring in the Hi-Fi carbon frames?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a crack develop after the first ride on my '08 pro. It was in the frame, nearly perfectly aligned with the end of the seat tube. The crack was actually on the side of the seat tube, which struck me as odd. The seat was not extended to its max, but close to it. The first ride was on a smooth paved trail, nothing rough. I contacted my lbs and I had a completely new bike, not just a frame, within a week.

When they cut into the frame to examine it, they found that it was a manufacturing defect. I have had no issues with my new bike's frame, after about 400 miles of fairly aggressive XC riding. I've done small jumps and drops of about 3' max and haven't had any cracks in either the front or rear triangle. I'm 6', weigh 200lbs and am riding a 17.5".

capn

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have had my large HiFi Carbon since Feb 08. I ride mostly technical single track, rock gardens, etc. I'm 5'10" and weigh 175. So far so good. I'm hoping the frame failures are limited to the aluminum frames.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.