Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding yesterday and had a grand time. Our bodies were stiff from the cold and the tires crunched over some old snow and ice. Frigid arms and legs were hard to manage on the technical sections, so much of the harder parts were walked on the opening descent. My eyes were watering and the sunglasses fogged from the cool temperatures. But at least there was reason to wear the tinted lenses, as the sun was climbing higher and bringing some warmth with it. Still, the cool air in the bottom of the canyon hadn't been kissed by it yet, and that's where we were.

The pool of water is still ice, but the sun is breaking through.

A little further down, still cold, but the loss in elevation was beginning to work for us.

Below is another shot of the same place:

We finally quit descending and climbed up into the sunlight, an effort that had us shedding our jackets, only to have to put them back on after we crossed the icy creek at the bottom of the second downhill.

2 points for whomever can identify where we rode, bonus if you can get both the trails.

Today's ride, if it happens, will be with a jacket, tights, ear warmers and winter gloves.

By the way, the rider in the pic (mtbrae) rides a small Titus Moto-lite, she is about 5'2" and the bike comes in an even smaller size. (mtbrae, correct me on the size of your bike if I'm wrong). So here's an answer for all the small fs bike questions.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*rt* said:
hey sar.

i'm heading your direction in April the week before FFTF. you going to be around?

beautiful pics as always.

rt
The question is, would I be able to escape that soon before the fest.?

I'll be around and might have to brush up on my guiding skills for the fftf ;)

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
screampint said:
The question is, would I be able to escape that soon before the fest.?

I'll be around and might have to brush up on my guiding skills for the fftf ;)
:D

that's a good question. :)

we'll be out that way probably some time the week of Apr 15. i'll let you know more as we get plans firmed up.

you should definitely brush up on your guiding skills!

rt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.